5 Reasons Staying Home Over Spring Break Is The Best

Why go somewhere exotic when you can sleep in your own bed?

4

Spring break, at least for me, is a time to unwind from the stresses of school and rejuvenate myself for the remaining weeks of the semester. I would love to go somewhere exotic and frolic in crystal-clear oceans with my friends, but I miss home; I miss my bed, cat, parents, and alone time. There's so much pressure to have a glamorous and expensive vacation worthy of Instagram that most people see staying home as a negative. However, I'm here to say that staying home is the best choice anyone could make and that vacationing somewhere with all of your friends (whom you see every day if I may add), is overrated.

Below are five reasons why you should be grateful you get to spend a week at home rather than somewhere else.

1. You get to have the alone time college doesn't grant you.

If you're anything like me then you're someone who needs alone time in order to keep a peace of mind. Don't get me wrong, I love how social college is but sometimes it's nice to just worry about yourself and not about making plans to go out or spend time with friends. A week at home will allow for privacy and independence college doesn't really grant as well as being a place where you feel most like yourself.

2. You're allowed to just sit at home all day void of judgement. 

I feel like I'm constantly running around campus or constantly completing assignments, making it hard to find time to just relax. Being home will grant all the time I need to unwind and be as lazy as I want. School is tough, you deserve to be able to roll out of your own bed mid-afternoon and stay in your pajamas all day!

3. You get to eat home-cooked meals rather than fast-food or whatever the dining hall dishes out.

I CRAVE my mom's cooking, not only because it's amazing, but because it makes me feel loved, well-taken care of, and satisfied. Why would I give up the opportunity to be fed by her a week?

4. You're allowed to do things on your own time.

College is a schedule that never ends; once I finish one thing, I have to run and complete the other. At home, everything's on my terms; no waking up at a certain time and no having to submit an assignment by a certain due date.

5. The comfortableness of being in your own house/hometown is hard to beat.

Nothing beats being able to shower in my own bathroom, sleeping on my own bed, driving my car, and being surrounded by my family. Vacationing somewhere with my friends would be fun, but it would take away my last opportunity to go home before summer. Being home just brings a sense of comfort over me no other place could.