I Didn't Do Spring Break This Year And Here're 11 Reasons Why I'm Honestly OK With That

And no, I'm not a spring break hater.
1514

Before the school year has even started, spring break plans are already filtering through just about every college students heads. I mean who doesn't dream about boozing on the beach for a week straight? This year, I went the opposite route and stayed in my college town over spring break, and oddly enough, I don't regret my decision and here's why...

1. It costs so much $$$

Yeah, a $200 flight to Florida isn't bad, but once you start adding up the money you spend on alcohol, eating out, and your hotel I start to get anxiety.

2. I get to actually make money

Which means, I'm making more money than all the spring breakers because I'll have once NICE paycheck in two weeks!

3. I get to hang with my dog ALL week

As one of my best friends just told me "I can't wait to be comatose on my couch all week cuddling with my dog". Couldn't have said it better myself, Barbie!

4. I won't have the Post Spring Break Blues

You're lying if a part of you doesn't feel like crap on your way back from an awesome vacation. Lucky for me, I won't feel like this since I never left, haha!

5. I get to catch up with my family

As every college student knows, it only keeps getting harder to come back home when you have a life somewhere other than your hometown and you're constantly juggling school, jobs, and a social life. Spring Break makes seeing and catching up with your family a little easier, thanks college!

6. I can relax at home

Yeah, I might not be on the beach, but taking a bubble bath while listening to the Beatles with some candles lit and a glass of wine in hand truly does the trick!

7. I have a "clean" social media

Another lovely part of spring break are the Snapchats that come along with it... THANKFULLY, I will not be regretting any of my Snapchat stories since I won't be on that level of ratchet at home on my couch.

8. The bars are dead

Speaking of drinking.. have you ever just wanted to go out and not have to deal with all of the freshman tearing up the town? Fear not, spring break is the perfect time to go to any of your favorite college bars (if they're open) to get a drink and just CHILL for a few drinks, without all the kids bothering you.

9. I can get ahead

Even though you're working and trying to relax, this is a great time to get prepared for the following week of school. I know i'm facing a few projects and deadlines are smacking me in the face, but I'd rather worry about my future problems in a space where I can really get organized, than be in Florida on a beach where it would be nearly impossible for me to get motivated to do school work.

10. I can focus on getting healthy

Yes this means working on my summer bod! All second semester girls are so worried about getting the perfect spring break bod- for what? So you can go on a week-long vacation to booze and eat like sh**? Unless you're in amazing shape, this seems like a total waste for me. Spring Break gives me extra time to focus on eating better and taking better care of myself.

11. I can enjoy the present

Whether you're back in your hometown for spring break, or you stayed in your college town, take this time to enjoy exactly where you are. We get so caught up in our own lives that we fail to see the beauty of our surroundings. Explore new places and revisit some of the awesome memories you've had there, you won't regret it.