Spring Break At Carroll

Spring Break At Carroll

Not as bad as you think.

8
Spring Break At Carroll
helenamt.com

After New Year’s Eve I was just waiting for spring break. There were a lot of plans I had and places I wanted to visit. For one reason or another, I couldn’t make it. I just didn’t want to stay at Carroll, I thought it was going to be boring. But after it all, it’s a Friday night and I liked spending spring break on campus. I got to spend time with some of my best friends, sleep, and watch movies, some of the things that I wasn’t able to do for a while since we started the semester.

This is the second break I got to enjoy at Carroll with no people around. Charles’s lobby is looking as haunted as everybody thinks it is. Going up and down the stairs without hearing a noise. Some people left behind are cooking to survive, without the STAC to save us from buying food and preparing it ourselves. It was a great week. With no people around, which is a pro and con, we could get the beautiful lobby to ourselves. Although it was nice not having people around, it was also sad not to be able to hang out, chat, and meet new people.

Something great about Carroll is that we become a bigger family every time. With some Japanese students coming for a couple of weeks, and with the few people around to be with them, it was a good break. Even if they are not staying, they’ve got a feel of how awesome it is to be a part of Carroll, and with everyone coming back this week, it’ll be great for everyone to meet them. As an international student I know how good it is to feel welcome, and Carroll is perfect for that; everyone is nice and friendly.

What is it great about being on campus for break besides everything I already mentioned? Well, we’re already in midterms (Good luck for those who still have tests when coming back), classes are getting harder, there are more things to study for, more information that we can’t absorb by osmosis. Projects we need to get done and plans to boost our grades for the final stage of the semester. There’s not so much time for hobbies, and that’s something I got to do by being at Carroll for break. I could go back to my old routine: work out, read, watch movies, all without worrying about work or too much homework. That made my break great.

School gets boring, yes, but it’s the last couple of steps to be done with, and then we get some sun for a couple of months. Even if school gets boring, life can get as boring without studying. That’s why it’s college, right? We like our classes because it’s what we want to do with our lives. I still have a couple of years left and Carroll is the best place to finish. It doesn’t matter if I have to stay for another break, it is a good place to stay.