8 Activities I Want To Do Over Spring Break

A week where all the dumb kids go to Cancun and all the level headed people get to relax. - Urban Dictionary

2

My original Spring Break plans got canceled and although sad, I'm trying to look at the bright side. A two-week trip is now an open two weeks with an abundance of opportunities to make it what I want. Instead of sitting around and feeling sorry for myself, I've turned to look at all of my options and figure out my best course of action. These are some of the activities I'm hoping to incorporate.

RELAX. 

Classes are on pause for a week but there are still assignments to look into and complete in order to get ahead for after the break. Nonetheless, I think the most important part of this break is to take the time to breathe and relax a little bit.

Sleep. 

The last few weeks have consisted of several late nights spent working on papers and assignments. Some much-needed sleep would be great over this break. I'd like to end the week feeling replenished and ready for the last month and a half of the semester.

Hike.

The outdoors are a wonderful place to enjoy a nice breath of fresh air. There are several parks around Tallahassee and Florida in general that I've wanted to explore and now is my chance. Although I'd prefer to go hiking with someone, I think taking the time to go by myself will give me an insight into the world we live in. I've also realized that instead of constantly waiting to find people to do activities with, I should treat myself and learn to enjoy doing things on my own.

Travel. 

Instead of traveling out of the country, I want to travel to see family up North. I haven't seen a lot of my family in a while and it would be nice to do so before graduation in May.

Read. 

Growing up, I always had a book in hand and I'd like to get back to that. Maybe not as excessive as I was but I thoroughly enjoy reading and want to make a habit of it. Books are an escape from reality with something different behind every cover. If I could find a nice place outdoors to sit and read over break, I wouldn't complain.

Clean. 

With graduation around the corner, deep cleaning my room is essential. I wouldn't say it is a complete mess but it is messy and I definitely need to go through all of my belongings before I move. What better time to do that then over Spring Break?

Write. 

I used to write poetry quite often and I'd like to get back into it. It's a way for me to express my feelings without explicitly stating them. Although no one really sees it, it's more for me anyway.

Relax. 

Again, one of the main things that I hope to get out of this week is the time to relax. If nothing else comes of this week, I will be content with relaxing a bit.