5 Things To Remember For Spring Break

5 Things To Remember For Spring Break

Have fun, but please be safe.

JordynL
JordynL
272

All students look forward to one thing during the school year, no matter what age they are. There's no doubt that we all get excited for breaks, but one stands out more-so than the others: Spring Break!

When you're a kid, you're excited to spend time with your friends, go camping, and spend all your time at the pool. In high school, it's along the same lines, but you're trying to sneak alcohol everywhere and everyone is judgmental about what swimsuit someone decided to wear.

In college, you do one of two things: 1. You sleep for a solid week and Lord help the person that decides to interrupt your sleep deprived, peaceful slumber. And 2. You travel to the beach of your choice and you're drunk the entire time (depending on who you are, you're also drunk during the first half of the week that classes start again).

If you decide to be a party animal during our favorite school break, obviously I want you to have all the fun you could possibly have. The less you remember it, the better..or worse- I don't remember. Maybe a few flashes here and there. Just please don't puke everywhere. But the most important thing is that you keep safe and be cautious wherever you decide to go. Just please don't recreate Spring Breakers or The Hangover. --But if you do recreate The Hangover, video or it didn't happen. I want to see who steals a tiger, loses a tooth, has an Asian man in the trunk, and who got stuck on the hotel roof.--

But seriously, to avoid any unfortunate events happening to you and/or your friends, please keep these things in mind.

1. Have a buddy system

Crazy stuff happens during Spring Break. Everyone knows that. Just don't lose track of each other because something serious could happen and it definitely would ruin the trip. Make sure each other are safe and don't put yourselves in a position that you'll regret later. Spring Break is the prime time for rape, kidnapping, human trafficking, etc. It's crowded everywhere so it would be extremely easy for someone to slip away undetected. People won't be paying attention to anything else except having fun. With all the distractions, that's a perfect opportunity for a predator to strike.

2. Be aware of what you put in your body

Alcohol and drugs are always a factor. If someone offers you a drink, be careful- especially if it's already open. You don't know 99% of the people so you have no reason to trust anyone and you don't know their intentions. As for drugs that you might take, there's a lot of impure stuff nowadays. Even weed is enhanced with things that people aren't aware of. Obviously. That's why there's so many different names. Just be careful and aware.

If you go to the bathroom, take your drink with you. Don't leave it somewhere, unattended, and come back to it. You don't know what could be in it anymore. If anything, get a new one.

3. Always have your ID, money, and phone

Getting into more serious topics, it's important that you have these things. And not for the fun reasons. Always carry your ID. Aside from getting into a bar or whatever, if something happens to you (God forbid), you'll be able to be identified. Always carry money. Aside from being able to buy more booze, always have money on you so you can get away from an area or situation that you won't want to be in. Always have your phone. You need to have a line of communication JUST IN CASE you get separated from your group or you need the police.

4. Please don't end up on Pornhub

Just.. please don't. Everything ends up online. Just don't end up on that site.

5. Make sure you have enough money to get home

Obviously.

-

Just please be responsible and aware of your surroundings. You can have all the fun you want, but please be careful. I don't want to see any news flashes for unfortunate events that might have happened to you or your friends. Have a great break!