Spring Break In College: Here's To Studying Instead Of Sleeping

A week to sleep in, go to bed whenever, and do whatever for an entire week.

13

So, last week was Spring Break.

I was so excited for Spring Break. A week to sleep in, go to bed whenever, and do whatever for an entire week. Now I am not your average college student. I was not planning to take a trip to a beach somewhere and get plastered. That is the farthest thing from what I wanted to do because it dumbfounds me on why a person would want to get so drunk and party every day that they hardly have time to rest. I work so hard in school that I need time to rest and rejuvenate.

I wanted to sleep in until to whatever time I felt like. I wanted to catch up on the television shows that I have not had a chance to watch in a few months. I wanted to not think about classes, projects, or presentations for the entire week. I wanted to spend my days the way I wanted to and have a restful fun week.

Apparently, that is not how Spring Break will be for me anymore. I spent each day of the week catching up on work. I spent days studying for upcoming tests and working on projects and presentations. I think the latest I slept all week was 9 a.m. which is only about an hour or two extra than what I would normally sleep to. I stressed about homework and classwork for the next week.

The only thing that was different about this week than other weeks was that I did not have classes. That was the only difference. This week was not the restful fun week I was so desperately hoping for. I still do not feel completely rested to start classes back on Monday. I actually dreaded the weekend for the first time in my life. I kept hoping and praying that my week would drag by, but instead if flew by faster than I could have imagined.

So, I am extremely ready for Summer, to say the least.