8 Amazing Things About Villanova In Springtime

Spring really is the best season for college.

266
Sydney Benevento

I love Villanova at all times of the year, but there's something special about springtime. Everyone is happy and full of energy again, and the campus just seems more alive. Here are 8 of my favorite things about being a college student at Villanova after spring break.

Daylight and golden hour have returned.

It's no longer dark at 5:30 pm, so halfway through that 4 pm class, you don't want to fall asleep.

Frisbees and volleyballs have come out of hibernation

Walking through campus, there are kids playing sports on any patch of grass available. The Ellipse, Sheehan beach, South Campus volleyball courts, the grassy knoll, you name it.

Lunchtime is like happy hour.

Sitting outside at Cova or Conn is the best if you can find an open table or bench. There are always people walking around, and there's always a table or two around the Oreo fundraising for something. Everyone says hi to everyone, and you are guaranteed to see half the people you know.

Candidate's Day

I dare to say that Candidate's Day is one of the best days at Villanova. Every on-campus club and organization has a table around the Ellipse for an activities fair, music is playing, and everyone is outside having fun. It's like a giant Nova-themed party. No school has more school spirit than we do.

Music. Everywhere.

On a nice spring day, you are guaranteed to hear music coming from every direction outside. Everyone has a speaker blaring upbeat songs, and campus feels like something out of a movie.

Warm weather season = gelato season

Cova serves the best gelato, and the sunshine and high temps make it that much better. Plus, you don't feel like you're going to freeze to your chair after you eat it.

Hammocking

It seems like every person on campus owns a hammock once those 60-70 degree weather days hit. They pop up on campus and it seems like any trees next to each other have at least one hammock hanging from them.

Just the greenery.

Everything finally comes back to life! Springtime really is when I appreciate how much work the landscaping team puts into campus. From the flowers outside the Spit to the plants on either side of the walkway to the church from the bridge, there's suddenly so many colors.