21 Ways To Spot A Penn State Freshman

21 Ways To Spot A Penn State Freshman

We’ll pick on you, but honestly we’re just jealous you have four more years in Happy Valley.

66
21 Ways To Spot A Penn State Freshman
Twitter

Ah freshman year, what a time to be alive. You're fresh out of high school and eager as ever to start college at Penn State University. Many people would agree that freshman year is one of the best times you'll ever have. We spend our whole lives waiting for time to pass, looking forward to the future, but these four years are a time to hold on to. Even though I'm a junior now, I still feel like freshman year was just yesterday, and it's crazy to think the time I have left in college is equal to the time I've already spent in it. Freshmen are notorious on campus, and as much as we love to capitalize on their naivety, they're really just doing all they can to have a kickass time. But nevertheless, here are some of the classic ways you can always use to spot a Penn State freshman:

1. The lanyard.

Please, for everyone’s sake, just don’t wear it around your neck.

2. The cargo shorts.

And the convocation t-shirts. Just don’t do it.

3. The flip-flops/shower shoes.

Keep those back in your dorm…Why you’d want to wear them any more than you really have to is truly a mystery.

4. “What are pokey sticks?”

Or Wings Over. Or Canyon Pizza.

5. Buying all textbooks from the HUB bookstore before classes start.

I promise you, you’re not even going to use half of them. Also almost all of them are cheaper if you rent or buy them online from places like Amazon and Chegg.

6. The huge group trying to get into parties together.

7. Looking both ways before crossing College/Beaver.

You’ll soon realize that they’re one way streets and that traffic lights are more like guidelines than rules anyways.

8. Not knowing the difference between the Blue Loop and the White Loop.

9. Not knowing the rules of flip cup, beer pong and other games.

10. Always being in a group.

11. Answering with Penn State whenever anyone yells WE ARE!

It’s cute though, yay school spirit!

12. Not knowing the fight songs at football games.

This is essential, so learn them quickly!

13. Still wearing high school apparel anywhere except the gym.

Or maybe you just really, really loved high school, I don't know.

14. Starting all new conversations by asking your year and major.

15. Trying to find their classes using a map.

FYI MyState is pretty solid for the beginner's quick State College searches.

16. Asking how to get to the HUB/library.

17. Not knowing what the Dorito Church is.

Sounds weird, but you’ll get it once you see it.

18. Getting caught in the ever unpredictable rain without an umbrella/rain jacket.

Always be prepared.

19. Looking alive and human in an 8:00 am.

Props to you…for now.

20. They don’t know how to do laundry.

21. Having the time of their lives as freshmen at the greatest place on earth.

So have fun, and soak it all up because time flies and you only get one freshman year. This is only just the beginning.

From Your Site Articles