I Make My Best Life Decisions Spontaneously, And It's Gotten Me Pretty Far In Life Already

Everyone laughs at me when I say this but I swear by this…

64
Ashley Denton

My best life choices I have made completely spontaneously, with almost no time to think about them. Some may say that this is completely and utterly irresponsible, but honestly if it works, it works.

Everyone told me that I couldn't just wake up one day and walk into a car dealership and walk out with a brand new car but here I am a year later with a new car. My dream has always been to open up and run my own music and theater school. Yes, I always knew I wanted to do it but I had no idea where to even begin! So, one morning I woke up and thought:

"The longer I sit here and actually THINK about this, the longer of a period of time I have to talk myself out of this."

The next thing I did was go down to the county building and get my business's DBA (which is just a fancy way of getting my business's name copy write. Now I am almost a year in and my clientele has skyrocketed!

My most recent spur of the moment life decision was moving out of mom and dad's and getting my own place with my two absolute best friends. This choice was literally made in an hour-long car ride with my besties and we moved in five days later!

It just made sense. We all know we can rely on each other and we have an absolute blast together no matter what we are doing! Now that we are all moved in and settled, things are really coming together, decorating has personally been my favorite part; you walk in and you KNOW it's a girls apartment.

Pretty. Pink and as our parents call it "The Sorority House." I mean I can't blame them with that one especially with the huge "Saturdays Are For The Girls" flag we have hanging up in our living room but it's FINE!

Yes, I do realize that I am growing up and I am getting older, and this way of making life decisions probably won't work MUCH longer, especially when it comes to the BIG stuff like marriage and kids but I still have a few years. I'm only 22 and this "way" has gotten me pretty far in life already.

So for now, I'm going to continue living my life saying yes, and jumping into something two feet first, one risk at a time.