Why Spongebob Squarepants Is The Best Character From Our Childhood

3 Reasons Why Spongebob Squarepants is the best character from our childhood

SpongeBob never fails to make us laugh and smile.

834
Clip from "Spongebob Squarepants"

Are you ready to hear about why we love the character, SpongeBob Squarepants? I'm ready! Not only we love him as a cartoon character in our favorite show, but also we can relate to SpongeBob Squarepants so much. Here are the three reasons why.

1. The experience he goes through are relateable

SpongeBob Squarepants represents the experience that we all have to go through in our lives. For example, in the first episode, "Help Wanted," SpongeBob Squarepants is anxious to get a job at the Krusty Krab. However, he dispels his nervousness away and goes for it. Who is not nervous when getting a job? Afterward, Squidward and Mr. Krabs subtly belittle SpongeBob at first. This depicts the harshness of reality where judgment becomes a troubling factor for all candidates who are looking for a job. In other words, this is how SpongeBob Squarepants demonstrates a job interview.

Aside from this, SpongeBob goes to boating school in order to get a license to drive. However, SpongeBob shows difficulty in doing so because of his problematic driving skills. Despite the number of times he failed his boating test, this establishes for us that we might fail sometimes at driving. This indeed shows SpongeBob is also going through the main stages of life, like we all do.

2. He is funny

SpongeBob never fails to make us laugh and smile. Looking back, I remember watching the "SpongeBob Squarepants" episodes during sunny afternoons. That was the perfect time to watch him on television. The character's dramatic and lively reactions kept me watching the episodes (especially his movements and dialogue that matched nicely to the show's memorable and relaxing beach-like soundtrack). Even the comebacks, jokes, and interactions of SpongeBob with the other characters were funny. Adults who just take a little peek on a "SpongeBob Squarepants" episode will always end up with at least a chuckle.

3. We all would like to be SpongeBob Squarepants at one point

We all would like to be optimistic like SpongeBob Squarepants. He is always cheerful, amiable, and approachable. Moreover, we wish that we can be brave sometimes like SpongeBob. Again, from the first episode, "Help Wanted," he runs, opens the doors of Krusty Krab, and announces confidentially that he wants to get the job of being the fry cook. I remembered that I wanted to have this quality of SpongeBob many times when getting a job. Moreover, in "The SpongeBob Squarepants Movie," SpongeBob realizes that he didn't receive the manager position of the second Krusty Krab, which leaves him disappointed because Mr. Krabs told him that he is a kid. Then, he goes to the Goofy Goober place to make himself feel better and eat ice cream with his best friend, Patrick.

This scene stood out because I was like kind of SpongeBob at one point when I didn't get something that I have worked hard for. After, when SpongeBob notices that he is late to work the next day, the memory of him not getting the manager position from Mr. Krabs comes to his head. In his drunk-like behavior and walking in the Krusty Krab, SpongeBob expresses his anger towards Mr. Krabs, tells him that he should have the manager position instead and blows a raspberry at the surprised Mr. Krabs. Who hasn't experienced working under an unfair boss and would like to blow a raspberry at their boss but can't?

Although he is a sponge, he also has a humanistic side that we love so much!