12 Things You Can Relate To When Have To Spend Your Own Money

Especially, when you grew up spoiled.

37

When I was growing I rarely heard the word "No." I received everything I wanted, and even though I wouldn't admit it at the time, I was indeed spoiled. If you grew up spoiled like me then you already know that there comes a time when your parents think that you should start handling things by yourself. I've officially reached that point in my life and I hate it, I've said bye to my mom putting gas in my car, and paying for my nails to be done. It can be an adjustment when you grew up spoiled, and now you can't spoil yourself. Spending your own money is hard, right? There are so many emotions and thoughts that go into purchasing something with your own money, instead of using your parents. Here are 12 things that everyone can relate to when it comes to spending their own money.

1. The feeling you get when you only have 20 dollars in your account and your total comes up to $19.88.

You're watching the cashier scan all of your items, and praying to God that you added up everything correctly. The cashier is scanning the last item and your heart feels like it's going to catapult out of your chest. You see the total, and realize you still have 12 cents to spare. God is good.

2. But sometimes the odds are not in your favor.

The worst feeling is having your card declined or deciding what item you have to put back in order to have enough money.

3. Driving to work on faith and not gas.

Everyone has got in their car, and realized that they have no gas. If your anything like me then you will wait until the last possible minute to put gas in your car. But honestly there is no other feeling like making it to work on hope and a prayer.

4. When you check your bank account and realize you have more money than you thought.

Whether it's a dollar extra or fifty dollars extra, you're a happy camper.

5. When someone offers to pay for you

"Hey, don't worry about it, I'll pay" is probably is best sentence ever said. There's honestly no amount of words to describe how you feel when someone offers to buy something for you. Just make sure you cry your tears of joy somewhere silently.

6. 2 for 20, happy hour, and the dollar menu are your bestfriends

You don't even bother to look at the full priced menu anymore, and the decision to get a free water or an actual fountain drink is the hardest.

7. Staying in looks way better than going out.

The decision to stay in is one that you make quickly when it comes to using your own money. Yeah your bedroom looks way better than some crowded party that cost 10 dollars to get into.

8. You've become a math wiz

Even if you were horrible at math as a kid, your math skills work better than ever when you're trying to figure out how you had 350 dollars in your account yesterday, and today you only have 50 cents.

9. Pretending that you're not broke

I'm sure everyone has gone out with their friends, and pretended not to be hungry, but in reality you knew spending money on food just wasn't in the budget.

10. Anxiously waiting till payday so you can live like a decent human being again.

There's nothing like staring at your bank account waiting for midnight to hit so you can start enjoying life.

11. Contemplating your morals

Signing up for one those sugar daddy websites or being an I.G model looks more appealing everyday.

12. The feeling of knowing that you're a mature adult who doesn't always ask for their parents money.

This feeling is priceless.

Even though it's nice to be spoiled, it can't last forever. Your parents aren't always going to be there to hand you 50 dollars, and that is okay because at the end of the day you know that you can make your last 20 dollars last a week. Go you!