You Either Want To Be Spider-Man, Or Be Friends With Peter Parker

Spider-Man Is The Best Superhero And We All Wish We Were Him

"Don't forget the hyphen between 'spider' and 'man!'"

57

At this point, we all are familiar with at least some of the superheroes that have been created. Whether they are from the Marvel universe or DC, I bet you can name a couple superheroes, even if you aren't that big of a fan. Recently, we've been seeing these superheroes come together in big money-making movie extravaganzas. You may be a comic book fan or maybe you only watch the movies, but, either way, superheroes have become a massive part of our entertainment industry.

The big question is, who is the best? There are a lot of different criteria that you might consider when asking who the best superhero is: there's strength, personality, fighting style, their costume, and even their unmasked personas.

With so much of the superhero-themed entertainment coming out, I have found myself becoming less and less interested in it all; the only superhero I haven't lost interest in is Spider-Man. Spider-Man has been a long time favorite for me along with many other fans.

Of course, some of you are probably shaking your head right now, saying, "Spider-Man is the lamest superhero out there." Well, you are incorrect.

A lot of the time, I hear people say Spider-Man is the worst because of his age. His age is one of the things that makes him better.

Being 20, I know that I can relate a lot more to an awkward high-schooler than I can to a 30-something adult. We've all been to high school, so we know what that's like. Watching "Spider-Man," you are able to insert yourself into certain situations and feel what the characters are actually feeling. This makes for much better superhero entertainment.

Another thing I hear said about Spidey is that his powers are "lame." Well, folks, he got bitten by a spider, so there are only so many positive things that are going to do for you. No, he can't fly, or turn invisible or read people's minds, but, to be fair, he can get pretty close to doing all of those things.

The really cool thing about Spider-Man is that he can take off the mask at the end of the day and just be Peter Parker. Sure, he will still have things like the super strength and spidey-sense, but he doesn't have to worry about being put in a position where citizens might start to question him. When you think of all that he can do and all that he has done, his lack of crazy blockbuster powers is endearing. He's really just a normal guy with a couple tricks up his sleeves...or spandex.

Don't even get me started on his wise-cracking humor. Never before has a superhero talked so much and yet made so little sense. Listening to him can never get old. Don't believe me? Play the new "Marvel's Spider-Man" game and get ready for a whole lot of commentary in the middle of fighting bad guys.

The best thing about Spider-Man is that he gives us all hope that, no matter how nerdy you are, no matter how introverted or lonely, you can still be a hero for some.

So, if you're looking for someone to laugh with, pick Peter Parker. If you're looking for someone to look up to, pick Spider-Man.