5 Ways To Make The Most Of Your Spring Break At Home

Staying home doesn't have to be boring.

178
Helena Lopes

Finally! It's Spring Break! Even if it's only for a week or two, school's out and it's time to relax. While I'm sure we'd all love a vacation to some tropical island, your spring break can still be poppin' at home!

Here are 5 activities to do to fill up your time:

1. Sleep in!

Take the first one or two days to sleep in and catch up on that well-deserved rest after slaving away over your studies for the first half of the semester. Your sleep-deprived body and brain will thank you.

2. Do the things you’ve always been too “busy” to do during the semester.

Dig through that list of movies or TV shows you’ve been saving on your queue and finally take some time to watch them. Next on my “To Watch” list are Shameless and The Good Doctor. I’m sure you can binge watch a season or two in a day.

3. Learn something new!

After you’ve gotten your beauty sleep and bummed around for a few days, start being productive! Take some online courses for free on open-course websites like Coursera, learn how to code on Codecademy, or learn some new skills on YouTube or Skillshare.

4. Start studying early.

With all this free time on your hands without classes or exams, maybe it’d be a good idea to get a head start on your homework assignments, upcoming projects, or studying for your next exams. We all know professors are ready to shove us right back into study mode as soon as we get back so save yourself a little stress and hit the books during your free time. I know it’s probably the last thing you want to do during your break but you’ll feel much less overwhelmed when you’re back at school and realize you have an exam the next day.

5. Catch up with friends!

If you’re lucky enough to have a spring break that coincides with your friends’ breaks from other schools, hit them up and catch up on your busy lives! Chances are you probably won’t be able to see them again until the summer. If all of your friends are still in school when you’re off, hit up your campus friends. It’s different being stuck on campus with limited options on things to do and places to eat, but when you’re back at home, the options seem brand new! Eat up before you have to go back to subpar campus food. Take a day trip to the city and pretend you're a tourist, have a picnic, visit the museum; the possibilities are endless.

Whatever you choose to do during your break, soak up all the time you have because it’ll be over before you know it! Make a list of all the things you want to do during this time and be sure to check them all off so you have no regrets when you’re back on campus. Happy Spring!