To That "Special Friend"

To That "Special Friend"

Thank you for all you do for me

10
To That "Special Friend"

We all have that "special friend" that we never imagined that we would end up becoming so close to. But then, one day you just realize how incredibly awesome they are and you know you will be eternally grateful for them. This is the type of friendship that you could never have expected. One based on complete trust in one another. You know for a fact without any doubt that your conversations will never be repeated if asked not to. It's almost like you have a secret code with this person. Nothing is off limits to talk about, and you don't judge each other for the things that are discussed. If there is an age difference.. it. does. not. matter. Your friendship is almost invincible.

1. You trust them completely

No matter what the topic or talk is about -- you know you can trust this person completely. With no worry about it ever being repeated. It's almost as if you have a lock on your mouth when you finish a story. You have a firm belief that nothing is off the charts crazy. You expect your friend to tell you the most embarrassing stories. The ones that make you seem like a complete goof. The stories that you know will make you friend laugh so hard that you can't help but laugh, even if it was not funny at the time.

2. You talk about everything

They may not know every little detail about your life. They won't ask questions if you aren't willing to answer them. They are always there to listen to you vent, rant, cry, or to just talk about all that you have going on in your busy life. Again, this is someone that you trust to discuss the not always fantastic moments of life with. This is someone that loves you for your normal self, crazy self, stressed self, and extremely sassy self.

3. You value them tremendously

Not only do you care about this person a whole lot. But you are always willing to do what they ask of you. You are eager to help at all causes. Even if that means giving of yourself. You care about them, and their well-being. No matter the situation, you are always there for them.

4. You aren't afraid to send them embarrassing snaps

You know we MUST be close if I am willing to send you embarrassing snaps. Whether it be while I am laying in bed with no make-up or even when I just wake up and have horrible bed head. Or even when using a new filter that is absolutely horrible. And knowing that you will probably screen shot them. That's a true friend, I would have to say.

5. You enjoy watching them succeed

You value their success almost as much as you value your success. You are always willing to help them become more successful. You want them to succeed. You want them to build a great life for their self and you enjoy encouraging them along the way.

6. You know exactly what you can do/say to make them feel better

If you are really close, you know what foods that they like and dislike, favorite drinks, candies, gums, places to eat, and favorite snacks. You know if their day isn't going as expected, you know what you can say to make them feel better. You understand their pain, or suffering and you are willing to help them through it.

7. You don't mind losing sleep in order to finish that conversation

Sleep? What is sleep? Sleep is for the weak, right? You MUST have to be close in order for me to willingly give up my sleep to talk to you, snap you, text you, or talk to you. Know that you are awesome if you are lucky enough for me to do this. Late night conversations are normally when the feelings come out, and when I get emotional. Don't hold this against me. I cannot help the way that God created me to be. Just know, that the later it gets, the more I trust you not to say anything. Those are normally the times when I express my true thoughts. Good. Bad. Indifferent.

8. When it comes to school... you enjoy talking about the crazy things that happened that day

School is full of crazy loons. School has a few kids who are serious. School has several that are interesting and cause hilarious stories. Your "special friend' and yourself are always trying to find one good story to share with each other. Those stories normally call for a good laugh. A laugh that you needed for that day.

9. You know how to hand the SASS of your "Special Friend" -- even on the extreme sass days

Yes, I did just say extreme sass days. We, as girls, have loads of sass. There are some days where our sass levels can go through the roof. Those are the types of days that our special friend kicks in. They help bring us back down to our place, in a respectable way. Sass is something that we speak fluently. It flows freely from our tongues without even thinking.

10. You never get tired of talking to your friend

You never run out of things to discuss. There's always something that you can talk about. Times very rarely ever get boring. You enjoy 98% of the time you spend with this person.

11. You love to see them smile

Smiling is contagious. It doesn't matter the situation. You love to smile and you love to make your friend smile. These are the memories that you will remember for life. These are the times that you will cherish. The times that you will hold very near and dear to your heart.