Spa Themed DIY Gift Ideas

Spa Themed DIY Gift Ideas

Put your household items to use with some crafty homemade gift ideas

126
Spa Themed DIY Gift Ideas
pexels

Colder weather and the holiday season call for cozy nights staying inside. Nothing sounds better than a DIY spa night- filled with candles, lavender scented scrubs, silky balms, and fizzy baths. All of which can be homemade gifts for your friends this year. All you need are a few simple ingredients-most of them can be found in your very own home!

So, before you start holiday shopping for this season, take a look around your house. Do you have a lot of useless objects lying around, such as old candles, used chapstick bottles, or coconut oil? Grab them and get crafty with these 5 DIY ideas and recipes that will put those household items to use.

1. Homemade Sugar Scrub

Make a vibrant sugar scrub great for exfoliating, refreshing, and waking up in the morning! All you need is some sugar, coconut oil, and essential oil. Peppermint, lavender, or lemon essential oils are some classic choices for this homemade spa product. This recipe is for a peppermint sugar scrub, but any essential oil you have will work!

2. Homemade Heating Pad

A person can never have too many heating pads lying around the house. Create a microwave-operated heating pad using some old fuzzy socks and lentil beans. This website gives 3 simple steps for this easy and original gift idea! Very heart-warming (get it...haha) and original!

this recipe. All you need is Epsom salt, sea salt, baking soda, an essential oil of your choice (peppermint in this particular recipe), and a fun food color!

4. Homemade Lip Balm

Have any empty chap-stick containers lying around? Bring them back to life with this great recipe that uses essential oils! Check out this blog post that gives you step-by-step instructions on how to make the perfect lip-balm. The only ingredient on the list that probably won't find lying around the house are the beeswax pellets. But you can buy these on Amazon, and they can be used for a number of different DIY creations, such as candles or drawer fresheners.

5. Homemade Candles

Here is another recipe that calls for old objects lying around the house! Make use of any old mason jars and old candles lying around by creating your own homemade candle. This article gives 5 easy steps. You can find candle anchors/wicks at your local Michael's or Joann Fabrics, or on Amazon.