20 Things Southerners Know All Too Well

25 Things You Know All Too Well If You're From The South

Are you really southern if you don't like BBQ?

392

You may think that southern people only care about football. That could possibly be true, but you can't say that unless you've experienced living in the south first hand. There are many other things that make up a "southerner" rather than SEC football and sweet tea. If you've never been to one of the southern states, then you need to plan a trip.

1. You get the death stare if you don't say "yes ma'am or no sir"

2. SEC>NFL

3. You pull over on the highway when you see a funeral procession

4. Unsweet tea is for the Northern Folk

5. You can tell when someone "ain't from around here"

6. Shunnarah

7. There are only 2 seasons: Summer and Football

8. Krispy Kreme and BBQ are a delicacy 

9. You respect your elders.... well, you respect everybody or mama will whoop you

10. Pine trees are everywhere

11. Mosquitoes 

12. Snow shuts down the whole state. Even if its one inch

13. You go to church every Sunday

14. Everything is better with a monogram

15. Tornado warnings mean go outside and look for a funnel cloud. (but really. get to shelter)

16. Weddings are scheduled around football

17. Waffle House

18. Shorts and flip flops are the go to summer outfit (sometimes you can wear them in December!)

19. You say "thank you" when someone holds the door for you

20. And if you don't say "thank you", we will holler out "you're welcome"

21. Calling someone during a bowl game (Iron Bowl) is a sin

22. If you don't say "excuse me" we will holler "well excuse you"

23. Cornbread is a part of every meal

24. There is some sort of farm animal in your yard if they figure out how to escape

25. Almost every food is fried