Poetry on Odyssey: Sounds of Silence

Poetry on Odyssey: Sounds of Silence

The transition from country to city living can be difficult.

30
Poetry on Odyssey: Sounds of Silence

Dogs sighing

Refrigerator humming

Distant voices

In neighboring apartments.

Splash outside

A car drove by

The wine of a vacuum

From a distant room

Sounds of silence

I long for silence

In the mountains

Nothing I heard

Craving silence

Real silence

Too many people here

Too many people I can hear.

Too many sounds

In my silence.

pexels.com

Tinder, JDate, Plenty of Fish, OKCupid, Chemistry.com, Match, Zoosk — just a few of the names of big companies that promise to get you a date/potential partner. I’m not going to sit here and pretend like I haven’t tried all of these options, because I have. I haven’t been on a date in over a year and I haven’t actually dated anyone in almost two and a half years. Now, I won’t lie, I’m not the prettiest color in the box, but aside from that, I do have plenty to offer. I have a brain that I use on the daily, I’m pretty freaking smart and I’ve been told that I’m funny in the form of my total sarcasm. But alas, this isn’t a personals ad hoping that someone out there will see this and start sending me emails (but hey, if that happens, that’s OK too).