When You Need To Skip A Class In College
Education

Hey, Professor, Please Don't Hate Me For Skipping Your Class... Again

It's just a little hard to attend all the time.

118

Guys, I used to never skip class. Never. I would attend every class without fail because I feared what it would do to my attendance and also how my professor would view me as an individual.

Those were good times. But now, I'm literally skipping at least one of the three classes I should be going to a week.

Please don't be me, or do, you know, whatever rocks your boat.

Hear me out, when you have a boring professor, it is tough to not miss class. When you have a boring professor and an easy class, it's even worse. Pair this and culminate it all with it being a morning class and you have a recipe for tardiness and skipping. You might have realized that by now I'm not actually addressing this to my math professor or else I'd probably get them to develop the worst vendetta hoping I fail at every turn.

I just think that skipping really isn't a big deal. If you're doing well in class and can afford to miss while still handing in homework and doing the necessary tests, then why does it matter? You could even say that the professor is so good at teaching that I do not even need to go to every class to succeed.

I'm not the only person that has felt like this obviously. Every student has that one class that you just kind of want to slip out of during it or not even go to. Can we really be blamed for doing this? I mean, we're paying for the class so we might as well deal with it however we want, right? This mentality may be a little detrimental but hey, it's our grade, not anyone else's right? Why do professor's feel so insulted? You'd be teaching fewer people that day so you can concentrate on helping more, explaining more, and know who your favorites are. It's a win-win.

I may be acting a little sarcastic and acting just a little too cocky but it all comes with being a senior. It's just tiring have to meet every class's demands of having to go all the time. I need a mental health day, a day to relax, a sick day, and an "I really should go to learn the new material but I can wing it" day.

I can't really feel sorry about it.

Sorry professor, I'm sure you've gotten students like me or worse than me, but now that November is getting closer, us students kind of just want to take some time to destress and your class might be that perfect time. It's nothing personal to you, it's just personal for us. Do us a solid and just pretend like we showed up.