Sorority Sleeping Porch...What Is It Really Like

I am very sorry if you do not get the oppertunity to test it out!

10912
FlowerySam

When those who are not in a sorority think of a sleeping porch they think of orphanage style bunk beds with a bunch of girls staring at each other in their sleep… I know, creepy right? Even before getting the experience to sleep in one, I thought it was about to be that, but it's really not half bad. It is actually pretty great, and I only have a month of experience, so let me tell you about it.

Well if you’re like me, you prefer to dress like a four-year-old going down to porch, and in my case, I sleep with maybe ten girls in the same room because I am in the basement (which is a blessing). Oh yes, back to my attire, my nightgown is pretty great. Very soft cotton which makes it easier to snuggle in. I started off the first week in this bottom bunk thinking this was the smallest most awkward little space that I had to sleep in. Wow, did I think it was uncomfortable or what. I can't even keep track the amount of times I hit my head on the top of my bed and on the side getting in and out. But it just took some practice.

You best believe that I am writing this right now laying in my porch bed because there is no place better to do so. Cuddles, Squishy and Snuggles like the bed too! Yes, I am 19 (almost 20) and still sleep with three stuffed animals… it's chill! They are super great troopers considering it is a nightly activity of them falling off the bed. But hey, I never have. The “butt hut”, I think that is what my sisters call it, makes it feel as if no one in the world can disturb your sleep because you are in your own little room. I wouldn’t say others disturb my sleep, I think I may be the one that does.

To my ladies on the bottom porch,

I am very sorry for my random laughing attacks at all hours of the day. Usually, it is not all my fault; Kylie has some part in them usually! I will really try to stop but it’s really hard to most of the time. I will work on controlling that for all of you and your needed sleep.

Sincerely,

Laughing Bree

Who am I joking? We are all in for the fun and games! It truly is like having a sleepover every night with some of your best friends. Thank goodness I am not that person that sounds like they are having a full on conversation in their sleep… that made for one funny night.

But, besides all the fun and games, I don’t think I have had any better of sleep than when I have been in my porch bed. I sleep into 11 in the morning, and I never did that before! How could you not when it is completely silent and dark? Trust me you just don’t ever want to get up! The temperature is so comfortable that you don’t need to worry about getting too cold or too warm.

So, to those of you that will never get the opportunity to sleep in the sleeping porch, I am very sorry! It is not like a dorm room, or a fraternity sleeping porch (I have no personal experience, I just couldn’t imagine that to be relaxing), or even a room to yourself! It is like a dark cave with a light breeze and the peaceful waves nearby. It is a great place to come nap, or fall asleep for the night and have the best night sleep!

So with that, it is time for me to go to bed, night night!