The ABCs Of Sorority Life, Because Sisters Are All About Their Letters

Having hundreds of girls who support you and have your back is single-handedly one of the best feelings in the world.

2642
@bella__bosch/Instagram

From being a pledge to approaching my last year as a sorority girl, these are some of the things I've learned over the years from A to Z.

A is for "All girls"

You may not be used to be surrounded by hundreds of girls. It can be intimidating and overwhelming in the beginning but you learn to love it.

B is for "Busy"

You will never not have something to do, whether it's a philanthropy event, another fraternity event, or a sisterhood event, you will always have something to do.

C is for "Cute pictures"

Get ready for your Instagram to be poppin' with cute pics. Heck, you may even develop a theme.

D is for "Dates"

You'll most likely need a date every other week or so, so step up your flirt game, girl, because it can get tricky.

E is for "Every day"

You are wearing your letters every single day even when you're not wearing them so it's an everyday commitment.

F is for "Friendship"

These friendships will be different than the ones you had in high school. It's just different. If you know, you know.

G is for "Grandlittle"

This chick will keep you young and make you remember why you loved your sorority in the first place. *Insert "Mean Girls" reference here*

H is for "Happiness"

Being a part of something much bigger than yourself will bring you true happiness. There might be highs and lows but overall moments of happiness will shine through.

I is for "Intellectual"

There's always those girls who have kept a perfect 4.0 GPA since freshman year who are also Bio-Med majors who I'm convinced are vampires and don't actually sleep.

J is for "Justify"

Your dumb boy decisions. Yes, your sorority sisters are there to justify your overthinking, crazy, thought process to ensure you're not a complete psycho.

K is for "Know"

That you are indeed a complete psycho.

L is for "Lots of love"

Unconditional actually. Which comes in handy after those silly cat fights during the sleepless nights of recruitment.

M is for "Mom"

At one point or another, you will take on the role of being a mom. Whether it be to your rambunctious little or crazy friend group. We all take turns.

N is for "Never alone"

O is for "Obsessed"

There's so much to be obsessed with. You're obsessed with her hair, obsessed with her outfit, obsessed with your new bestie. It's just a lot.

P is for "Plenty of memories!"

One thing about being in a sorority is racking up tons of memories of events and spontaneous adventures along the way!

Q is for "QTs"

One day we are going to look back at past pictures and think to ourselves, "wow we were in our prime back then!"

R is for "Rewarding"

Watching yourself develop into the women you are meant to be is incredibly rewarding. These girls will shape you and you will shape them.

S is for "Sisterhood"

You are bonded for life, you know secrets only your sisters can relate to, you've experienced things you'll never forget together, and you all have something so special in common.

T is for "Tough love"

Sometimes you need a reality check or someone to tell you to shape up. What are sisters for?!

U is for "Unity"

It's an empowering thing when a bunch of girls team up to help their community. It unites us together as sisters!

V is for "Versatile"

Your sisters will be from all different places with all different faces.

W is for "Winning"

Honestly, if you're having fun with your sisters all the time, there's no way you can lose with friendships like that!

X is for "XL shirts"

Or if you're feeling risky, XXL shirt. Need I say more?

Y is for "Young"

This is your era! Your prime time! Your peak! Live it up with your sisters and make mistakes because you're young and it's acceptable right now.

Z is for "Zesty"

Get ready to spice up your life because the entertainment does not stop when you join a sorority.

If you've experienced any of these A through Z's, you definitely qualify as a sorority girl!