Sorority Brings Cystic Fibrosis Awareness to Oswego

Sisters of the Epsilon Xi chapter of Delta Phi Epsilon Bowl to Beat Cystic Fibrosis

29

The ringing of pins being knocked down by bowling balls and the competitive shouts of students could be heard this past Tuesday at Lightning Lanes in Oswego, NY, as over 100 people joined the sisters of Delta Phi Epsilon Sorority at SUNY Oswego for their Cystic Fibrosis Bowling Fundraiser. The event started at 9:30 PM and offered $8 for unlimited bowling and shoe rental.

A table had been set up in the Marano Campus Center the day before by sister Madelena Gatto, a senior broadcasting major and Vice President of Programming for the Epsilon Xi chapter of Delta Phi Epsilon, along with four of her group members for their COM 240 class. The group, which named themselves the 'Cystic Fibrosis Fighters', sold bracelets that raised money for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation and distributed flyers listings the symptoms of Cystic Fibrosis.

The sorority, which has 50 active sister at SUNY Oswego, raised over $395 from the fundraiser. Delta Phi Epsilon is an international sorority with 106 active chapters. The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation is one of the three international philanthropies they support, including the Delta Phi Epsilon Educational Foundation and the National Association of Anorexia Nervosa and Associated Disorders.

The Epsilon Xi chapter of Delta Phi Epsilon hosts several fundraising tables throughout the year in the Marano Campus Center, the most recent being ANAD awareness where students were encouraged to "trash" their insecurities.

For more information on the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, email info@cff.org

For more information on the Epsilon Xi chapter of Delta Phi Epsilon, contact President Becky Tokarczyk at rtokarcz@oswego.edu

For more information on the Epsilon Xi chapter of Delta Phi Epsilon's philanthropies and upcoming events, contact Madelena Gatto, Vice President of Programming, at mgatto@oswego.edu