Why Sorority Bid Day Is Really The Best Day

Sorority Bid Day Really Is The Best Day

I am so thrilled to have helped these girls find their home.

76

Recruitment season has come and passed, and needless to say, the outcome was far greater than I ever expected. After spending countless hours decorating, conversing and chugging coffee upon coffee, my sisters and I were able to celebrate our amazing new pledge class as they ran home to us on bid day. I remember anxiously waiting to open my own bid exactly one year ago, yet, being on the other side of the recruitment process, I have never felt so rewarded in the fact that I was able to help our new members drop their anchors and call Delta Gamma their home.

As the saying goes, all Panhel women are aware that bid day is often referred to as the best day. Though, it was not until this year that I truly came to understand these words. As a potential new member, there is nothing more exciting than running home to the chapter you fell in love with during recruitment. As an initiated member and recruiter, this feeling of excitement is experienced on an entirely different level. Decorating for an MTV 90s theme, grabbing a bag for my bid day buddy, and covering myself in glitter all within the company of my favorite women made for a day I will never forget - not to mention the three-hour boat ride that followed.

To all of the new members, my sisters and I worked tirelessly to recruit this past week, know that we are beyond thrilled to welcome you to Delta Gamma. You have chosen to become part of such a diverse and enriching chapter, and we are so excited to create and share in a lasting bond of sisterhood with each of you.

Delta Gamma Pledge Class 2018Katie Kostelic