Stages Of Finals Week

Stages Of Finals Week

Here is a list of songs that take you through the stages of finals week.

24
Stages Of Finals Week
Google.com

As the official first day of summer is right around the corner, that means school is also starting to finish up. There's only a week left, the worst week of possibly the entire school year... finals week, also known as "Hell week". This week is the last week in between you and sweet, sweet freedom of the outdoors, summer, and not being in a hot building doing school work all day. But in order to get through this week, you need to study to your heart's content! What better way to help you study than to have a playlist of songs to help you get through?

1. "Nocturne In E-Flat Major, Op. 9, No. 2" by Chopin

Studying for finals can be very stressful. I find that listening to classical music for some time can really help you relax. This piece by Frederic Chopin is about a 4 minute song played on piano and it can really help you to focus because of its peaceful tone. Studies have shown that listening to classical music can help you relax and focus/perform better on the task you are doing. Give it a listen, even if it's not the type of music you typically listen to.

2. "Eye Of The Tiger" by Survivor

Everyone needs that typical montage music to help them get pumped and inspired to get work done. This song definitely will help you to imagine yourself in Rocky doing a workout, but instead you are going to be studying.

3. "Don't Stop Believin'" by Journey

Just like the title of this song, you should not stop believing in yourself during finals week. There will be times where you feel like you're going to fail or that there's no way to possibly pass that final, but you just need to believe in yourself and you can do it. Journey will help you believe in yourself by listening to this song!

4. "Firework" by Katy Perry

When you feel like a plastic bag drifting through the wind, wanting to start again (on all your finals) and you're feeling down, losing all hope in getting an A on that final, listen to the inspirational words of Katy Perry and just own the night (of studying) like the 4th of July! We all need a little inspiration to make us feel better about ourselves during finals week.

5. "Livin' La Vida Loca" by Ricky Martin

Because finals week will definitely feel like you're "Livin' La Vida Loca" with all the stress and anxiety that is involved, so might as well acknowledge that by listening to the lovely Ricky Martin.

6. "Not Afraid" by Eminem

You need to show that you're not afraid of these finals. You're going to go into them fearless like Eminem and dominate those finals. You should never show fear during finals week!

7. "Gives You Hell" by The All-American Rejects

Although this song is really written about an ex-girlfriend, it can also apply to your finals!

8. "Help!" by The Beatles

There will be times while studying where you will be begging for someone to help you out. Reach out to your friends and classmates when you're having trouble and organize a study group.

9. "Livin' On A Prayer" by Bon Jovi

During finals week you will find yourself wanting to blast this song because "WOAH! YOU'RE HALFWAY THERE!!" and you'll also be living on a prayer in hopes that what you put as answers on finals will have to do.

10. "Hakuna Matata" from The Lion King

It means no worries, so you'll need this as a daily reminder that even though finals are important to do well on, you shouldn't stress about it too much. This could also be the song you play if you really just don't care about studying anymore and you're just going to "YOLO" it instead. Oh well. You tried, right?

11. "All Star" by Smash Mouth

We all need some Smash Mouth to get ourselves through finals week. This song is a reminder that you are an all star, so get out there and be one as you take your finals. Even if you don't do that well on your finals, you're still an all star, so don't forget that!

12. "Wake Me Up" by Avicii

Don't we all wish we could just sleep through finals? "Wake me up when it's all over, when I'm wiser and I'm older." This is literally the attitude you will most likely have at one point during finals week, so relate to Avicii's song while wishing you could still be asleep instead of taking finals.

13. "Stressed Out" by Twenty One Pilots

Who hasn't related to this song in general? This song is the explanation of what finals week is like. You will be stressed out.

14. "I Will Survive" by Gloria Gaynor

First you were afraid, you were petrified of the thought of finals week, but you will survive.

15. "I'm A Survivor" by Destiny's Child

Similar to "I Will Survive", you're a survivor, you're not going to give up on finals! This song is to help you power through finals week.

16. "Gonna Fly Now" by Bill Conti

Play this song when you are feeling particularly victorious about finals week, especially at the end of them. You did it! You finished! Another Rocky montage song to help you be inspired and motivated.

17. "Shake It Off" by Taylor Swift

If you didn't feel so confident on how you did on one of your finals, just "shake it off!" It's not the end of the world. You did it! Just shake that stress off.

18. "Victorious" by Panic! At The Disco

When finals are FINALLY over and you no longer have to deal with the stress and studying, celebrate by playing this triumphant song by Panic! At The Disco. Tonight you are victorious! This song can also be relevant when finals grades come out and you do well! Double win!

19. "Hallelujah" by Panic! At The Disco

Once finals are over, listen to another song by Panic! At The Disco expressing how relieved you are to be done! Stand up and sing "Hallelujah!"

20. "School's Out" by Alice Cooper

YOU DID IT! Finals are behind you and school is out! Sweet, Sweet freedom has been achieved! Blast this song as loud as you can to express the excitement you have for the summer, and for the fact that you no longer have to deal with the torture of finals until next semester!