Yellow Playlist

As someone who works a desk job collecting data for the company and spends a large amount of time in the car each week, music, podcasts, and audiobooks have quickly become one of my best companions.

But music and other auditory mediums have always had a different feeling to me, representing more than just "background noise". In recent years, I've come to the conclusion that it may be a form of synesthesia.

Synesthesia can be defined as the production of a sense impression relating to one sense or part of the body by stimulation of another sense or part of the body.

According to Color Psychology, yellow means joy, radiance, warmth, inspiration, enlightenment, cheerfulness and optimism.

YELLOW is playlist three, and the longest, of ten. Below is a playlist of songs that feel incredibly yellow.

For optimum quality, please listen through headphones and in the order it is presented.

Be Okay - Oh Honey

Spotify

"Can't complain about much these days, I believe we'll be okay."

"Be Okay" was released as the first single from their EP, With Love.

For more from Oh Honey, check their website here.

Have It All - Jason Mraz

Spotify

"May you know the meaning of the word happiness
May you always lead from the beating in your chest
May you be treated like an esteemed guest
May you get to rest, may you catch your breath"

The second track on Mraz' newest release, Know.

Yellow - Coldplay

"Look at the stars
Look how they shine for you
And all the things that you do"

Gold - Vinyl Theatre

Spotify

"I found, I found - myy gold
Resound, resound - my soul
We love, we learn, we find
We live, we die
Resound"

For more from Vinyl Theatre and a list of their upcoming tour dates, check them out on Facebook.

Down In The Dumps - Walk The Moon

Spotify

"Because I won't let you bring me back, bring me back down in the dumps
No, I won't let you bring me back, bring me back down in the dumps
You can throw all the fits and the tantrums you want
But I won't let you bring me back, bring me back down"

From the band that brought you Shut Up and Dance, listen to more of their work and their most recent album, What If Nothing, here.

Hard Times - Paramore

Spotify

"(Hard times) Gonna make you wonder why you even try
(Hard times) Gonna take you down and laugh when you cry
(These lives) And I still don't know how I even survive
(Hard times)"

Real Good Life - The Mowgli's

Spotify

"Yeah It's a real good life
Cause I got you by my side
And there's a sun in the sky
Yeah it's a real good life"

HAPPINESS - NEEDTOBREATHE

Spotify

"I got dreams that keep me up in the dead of night
Telling me I wasn't made for the simple life
There's a light I see, but it's far in the distance
So I'm asking you to show me some forgiveness
It's all for you in my pursuit of happiness"

JOYFUL - X AMBASSADORS

Spotify

"Can't say I'm perfect, but I certainly tried
To be joyful, joyful
Joyful and happy, sunny and bright"

I Don't Wanna Be Sad - Simple Plan

Spotify

"No, I don't wanna be sad
I don't wanna be sad, sad, sad no more
And I know some days will be bad
But I don't wanna be sad, sad, sad no more"

Shut Up And Kiss Me - Mariana's Trench

Spotify

"Say you'll never date me, say you'll mom'll hate me
Or you can just shut up
Shut up Shut up Shut up
Shut up and kiss me"

One of my favorite groups to come out of Canada, check out more from MTRENCH on their website here.

Hey Look Ma, I Made It - Panic! At The Disco

Spotify

"Hey look ma, I made it
Everything's comin' up aces, aces
And if it's a dream, don't wake me, don't wake me
I said, "Hey look ma, I made it."

Gold Steps - Neck Deep

Spotify

"And life's not out to get you
Despite the things you've been through
'Cause what you give is what you get
And it doesn't make sense to make do"

Verge - Owl City

Spotify

"Out on the verge of the rest of our lives tonight
Top of the world and we're dressed to the nines tonight
Edge of the Earth and we're touching the sky tonight
Out on the verge of the rest of our lives"

From the man who brought you Fireflies, listen to Verge and more on Owl City's website.

Dip You In Honey - The Wombats

Spotify

"Baby, we were made out of sunshine
Baby, we were made out of stars"

Click here to check out more from The Wombats.

Here Comes The Sun (Remastered 2009)- The Beatles

Spotify

"Little darling, it feels like years since it's been here
Here comes the sun
Here comes the sun, and I say
It's all right"

To listen to the playlist and everything else I'm listening to on Spotify, click here.

Lyrics courtesy of https://genius.com/.