8 Songs To Hype Your Way Through Finals Week

Finals week is the most stressful week of any student's life. Luckily, music can help.

64

It's that time of year again, folks. My fellow students and I are charging up our Starbucks accounts with funds to survive the upcoming hell week. We're washing our favorite pairs of sweatpants with an absurd amount of fabric softener so they're ready to be lived in for the next two weeks. We're making Publix runs and buying out their entire stock of ice cream to stress-cry into at 3 a.m. because we have an exam in four hours and there is no way in hell we're going to be able to memorize this mountain of flashcards.

I'm not going to sugarcoat it: This is a seriously emotionally draining time.

Hang in there, fellow final fighters. Here are some sweet jams to hype yourself up for the upcoming weeks.

1. "I'm Ready" by AJR

To start off your hype session, here's a song that's all about getting ready for an amazing night out. It's upbeat, happy, and just plain fun. Plus, it features Spongebob's infamous mantra: "I'm ready! I'm ready! I'm ready!"

Heck yeah, we're ready! Ready to ace these finals!

2. "What You Waiting For?" by Gwen Stefani

Need a confidence boost? Gwen Stefani's got us covered. In this jam, she reminds us that we're all superstars and we shouldn't be afraid of chasing our dreams. It's scary, but we can do it. Life is short, and we are capable.

3. "Shake It Out" by Florence + The Machine

tress is overwhelming. When it all piles up on you, it can really feel like there's a devil on your back whispering all these doubts and fears to you. Fear not! Florence reminds us to take a deep breath, acknowledge the stress, and let it go.

4. "Whatever It Takes" by Imagine Dragons

Finals are tough, that is definitely true. But do you know who else is tough? That's right–you. You're a driven and determined individual! You can defeat whatever hardships these exams throw at you. It's 4.0 season, folks!

5. "I Wanna Get Better" by Bleachers

Finals are definitely the greatest nightmare, but they can also give you the greatest opportunities. They're pretty impactful exams, which is certainly a cause for stress, however, if you want to be better in regards to your grades, finals can help you out! Last year, I turned my B into an A by doing well on my final. It can be done! You can do it!

6. "Work This Body" by WALK THE MOON

Need a song to listen to as you jump around your apartment? Nicholas Petricca has you covered. This track is about working hard to achieve your goals despite the hardships and obstacles in your path. Nobody said the road to your dream job was easy, but you're a fighter. After these exams, you're one step closer to achieving your dreams!

7. "The Greatest" by Sia

After devoting yourself to your studies, it's time for a boost. There's nothing wrong with feeding your ego here and there while you're preparing for finals. In this song, Sia tells us not to give up as we fight our way to the top! Whatever you're studying to be, you are truly free to be the greatest.

8. "Can't Hold Us" by Macklemore & Ryan Lewis

Finally, here's the perfect tune to strut into your classroom to take your final. You have worked your butt off for this. Test anxiety can't even touch you because you're so prepared. Truly, the classroom's roof won't be able to hold you as you ace your exam.

Remember one thing: your transcript is nothing but letters. These letters do not and cannot define your worth as a person. You're a complete human being with or without the A.

We're gonna do great. Good luck everyone!