100 Songs That Will Make You Reminisce About Your Scene Days

"I'm in the business of misery, let's take it from the top" - Paramore

6246
Instagram via @blackapple333

The year is 2008, the beginning of a dark era as I like to refer to it. A time where the “scene phase” was starting to strive, becoming alive and well and would only progress over time as the foundation for many of the bands we love today. It was a time when skinny jeans needed to be black and tighter than the abundance of band bracelets you splurged at Hot Topic or at your local venue when your favorite band arrived in town. A time when Cobra Starship or Fall Out was on your Myspace’s playlist. A time when teased hair, excessive eyeliner, and slipping “rawr” here and there during a text, username, or AIM message was actually, socially acceptable.

I for one have been there. Luckily, I have transitioned beyond those years. Although, you can't truly take the scene phase-out of someone; I'm convinced and you can't tell me otherwise. I'll admit it, I still rock to some nostalgic songs from time to time. Here’s a few to relive your glorious Myspace days.

1. "Ocean Avenue" - Yellowcard

"There's a place off Ocean Avenue, where I used to sit and talk with you. We were both 16 and it felt so right, sleeping all day staying up all, nighttttt"

2. "In Too Deep" - Sum 41

3. "Love Like Woe" - The Ready Set

4. "The Anthem" - Good Charlotte

5. "I Miss You"- Blink 182

"We can live like Jack and Sally if we want"

The lyrics that became the peak of "The Nightmare Before Christmas" fandom.

6. "Situations"- Escape The Fate

The first time I discovered this song, my best friend bluetooth this to me via her sidekick to my Samsung Gravity, the original one.

7. "Not Good Enough For The Truth In Cliche"- Escape The Fate

8. "Broken Heart"- Motion City Soundtrack

9. "Caraphernelia"- Pierce The Veil

Pierce The Veil, you will always have a place deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep down in my heart.

10. "Be My Escape"- Relient K

11. "Trouble"- Never Shout Never

12. "Big City Dreams"- Never Shout Never

13. "Make Damn Sure"- Taking Back Sunday

A CLASSIC JAM, ALWAYS AND FOREVER.

14. "Check Yes Juliet" - We The Kings

My greatest accomplishment in middle school was when We The Kings followed me back on Tumblr.

15. "The Curse Of Curves"- Cute Is What We Aim For

16. "Newport Living"- Cute Is What We Aim For

17. "Decode"- Paramore

Team Edward, forever.

18. "Misery Business"- Paramore

Everyone's anthem, scene phase or not.

19. "Misguided Ghosts"- Paramore

Paramore released a new album last year, After Laughter , and it's absolutely brilliant. To see a band transition in a way that I have as a person and to be able to resonate with them is comforting. Shameless plug...

20. "Miserable At Best"- Mayday Parade

If you went through the scene phase and didn't cry to this song, you're just lying to yourself.

21. "Kids In Love"- Mayday Parade

22. "The Silence"- Mayday Parade

23. "Ohio Is For Lovers"- Hawthorne Heights

24. "Shake It"- Metro Station

Middle school me was shook once I found out Trace Cyrus was Miley Cyrus' brother.

25. "Kelsey"- Metro Station

26. "Seventeen Forever"- Metro Station

27. "Plane Vs. Tank Vs. Submarine"- Tiger's Jaw

28. "Don't Trust Me "- 3OH!3

"tell your boyfriend, if he says he's got beef, that I'm a vegetarian, and I ain't......"

29. "I'm Not Your Boyfriend Baby"- 3OH!3

30. "Starstrukk"- 3OH!3

31. "Helena"- My Chemical Romance

32. "Teenagers"- My Chemical Romance

33. "Welcome To The Black Parade"- My Chemical Romance

34. "The City Is At War"- Cobra Starship

35. "Send My Love To The Dance Floor" - Cobra Starship

36. "Good Girls Go Bad"- Cobra Starship (feat. Leighton Meester)

xoxo, gossip girl.

37. "The Kill"- 30 Seconds To Mars

38. "Dance, Dance"- Fall Out Boy

39. "I Don't Care"- Fall Out Boy

40. "I Slept With Someone in Fall Out Boy and All I Got Was This Stupid Song"- Fall Out Boy

Pete Wentz, my original middle school crush.

41. "Sugar We’re Going Down Swinging"- Fall Out Boy

42. "Thanks For The Memories"- Fall Out Boy

Fun fact: Kim Kardashian made a cameo in their music video for this...

43. "A Little Less Sixteen Candles, A Little More Touch Me"- Fall Out Boy

44."Damned If I Do Ya (Damned If I Don’t)"- All Time Low

45. "Dear Maria, Count Me In"- All Time Low

46. "Lost In Stereo"- All Time Low

The simpler times when All Time Low appeared on Silent Library and this song debuted on MTV. Oh how the times have changed.

47. "Remembering Sunday"- All Time Low

48. "Weightless"- All Time Low

"Maybe it's not my weekend but it's gonna be my year " was probably your status or caption for a photo at some point.

49. "Diamonds"- Breathe Carolina

50. "I.D.G.A.F."- Breathe Carolina

51. "Hello Fascination"- Breathe Carolina

In 2015, Breathe Carolina played a set at Ultra, an EDM festival, and the middle schooler in me will never get over that fact...

52. "Here In Your Arms"- Hellogoodbye

53. "Heartbeat"- Stereo Skyline

54. "I Like Money" - The Millionaires

55. "Set It Off Like Napalm"- Emarosa

Jonny Craig, the voice of an angel.

56. "Pretend. Relive. Regret."- Emarosa

57. "The Middle"- Jimmy Eat World

58. "Hands Down"- Dashboard Confessional

59. "I Can Barely Breathe"- Manchester Orchestra

60. "I Can Feel A Hot One"- Manchester Orchestra

61. "Face Down"- The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus

62. "Diamonds Aren’t Forever"- Bring Me The Horizon

"We will never sleep, 'cause sleep is for the weak
And we will never rest, 'til we're all...."

63. "Hero/Heroine"- Boys Like Girls

Petition to being back Boys Like Girls, please?

64. "Thunder"- Boys Like Girls

65. "Mr. Brightside"- The Killers

A classic. Overplayed, but classic.

66. "Such Small Hands"- La Dispute

At some point in time you wanted their flower logo tattooed on you, admit it.

67. "Dirty Little Secret"- The All American Rejects

68. "It Ends Tonight"- All American Rejects

69. "Move Along"- The All American Rejects

70. "I Don’t Wanna Be In Love"- Good Charlotte

71. "I Don’t Wanna Dance"- Hey Monday

Cassadee Pope, the lead singer of what was once Hey Monday, a self-proclaimed rock band, is now a full-on country singer...

72. "Stay With Me"- You Me At Six

73. "The Bird And The Worm"- The Used

74. "Fall For You"- Secondhand Serenade

75. "Do It Now, Remember It Later"- Sleeping With Sirens

76. "If I’m James Dean, You’re Audrey Hepburn"- Sleeping With Sirens

77. "If You Can’t Hang"- Sleeping With Sirens

78. "Tally It Up, Settle The Score"- Sleeping With Sirens

To think, this was the first song I ever crowd surfed to, and it all began at Warped Tour.

79. "Woah Oh"- Forever The Sickest Kids

80. "Wires And The Concept Of Breathing"- A Skylit Drive

For a really long time, my Mother believed a woman sang this song.

81. "The Downfall Of Us All"- A Day To Remember

82. "Have Faith In Me"- A Day To Remember

83. "Mr. Highway’s Thinking About The End"- A Day To Remember

"DISRESPECT YOUR SURROUNDINGS"

84. "I’m Made of Wax Larry, What Are You Made Of"- A Day To Remember

85. "If It Means A Lot To You"- A Day To Remember

If you go around saying you've never cried to this song, YOU'RE A LIAR.

86. "It’s Complicated"- A Day To Remember

87. "I Will Follow You Into The Dark"- Death Cab For Cutie

88. "Everything I Ask For"- The Maine

89. "Inside of You"- The Maine

90. "Into Your Arms" - The Maine

Can't Stop, Won't Stop is by far one of the greatest albums of all time.

91. "We All Roll Along" - The Maine

92. "The Only Difference Between Martyrdom and Suicide is Press Coverage"- Panic! At The Disco

93. "Nine In The Afternoon"- Panic! At The Disco

"Cause it's nine in the afternoon, your eyes are the size of the moon"

94. "I Write Sins, Not Tragedies"- Panic! At The Disco

We all know the lyrics to this one.

95. "Uneasy Hearts Weigh The Most"- Dance Gavin Dance

96. "One Step Closer"- Linkin Park

97. "In The End"- Linkin Park

98. "Numb"- Linkin Park

Rest in peace, Chester Bennington. You shaped and defined what was music was for my friends and I. For that, I will always be grateful and appreciative of you.

99. "Writing On The Walls"- Underoath

100. "Love Your Friends, Die Laughing"- Man Overboard