12 Songs That Will Make You Fell Like It's Summer '13

Relive Summer 2013 By Jamming To These 12 Throwback Songs

Nostalgic playlists are the best, so let's take a look back at our favorite hits from the summer of 2013.

101
Bailey Reiser

Every summer feels like there is a certain playlist of songs that continuously play on the radio. However, after the summer is over, a lot of the songs go on the back burner and only play every once in a while on some random radio station. I feel like the memories associated with the music are something that will all come flooding back when you listen to music. The summer before high school for me was extremely fun — I spent a lot of time dancing and with friends. Here's a list of 12 songs from the summer of 2013 to bring all of your nostalgic summer memories back in order to prep for a new, amazing summer filled with adventures.

1. "Blurred Lines" by Robin Thicke feat T.I. and Pharrell

With all the controversy surrounding this music video, the nation still couldn't help but dance around to the catchy tune.

2. "We Can't Stop" by Miley Cyrus 

Miley had just come back, and she seemed absolutely crazy. There was definitely a fanbase that loved it but also a group that didn't love it as fully. The new Miley was here though. You best believe she made one of the songs of the summer.

3. "Feel This Moment" by Pitbull feat. Christina Aguilera

As a younger me, I wanted to be Christina Aguilera so badly that I remember singing along with this song pretending to be her.

4. "The Way" by Ariana Grande feat. Mac Miller

This was the song where I found out Ariana and Mac were together — it made my heart soar. I have to bring this one back just because you can tell how in love they were, and Mac will always have a special place in my heart.

5. "I Need Your Love" by Calvin Harris feat. Ellie Goulding

I can picture my 14-year-old self jamming out to this song now. I swear I knew every single word and where every beat hit to the point that I was pretty confident I could recreate the song if I had wanted to.

6. "I Love It" by Icona Pop feat. Charlie XCX

My mom used to play this song in her car all the time. I remember the one time we were listening to it on a radio station that didn't censor the lyrics and it said "s***." I was so concerned that my young self had said the word in front of my mother, but we both just looked at each other and laughed it off.

7. "Radioactive" by Imagine Dragons

I remember learning a dance to this song during the beginning of my summer dance classes and thinking that it was such a good song that I had never heard before. I wished it would be more popular, so it could be on the radio because it was SUCH a good song. Luckily, it's like the heavens listened because it was a chart-topper a few weeks later.

8. "Cruise" by Florida Georgia Line

Okay, you can't resist listening to this song and tell me that it doesn't sound like summer to you. I would listen to this song and imagine the day I was going to have my license, so I could drive around with my windows down.

9. "Cups (When I'm Gone)" by Anna Kendrick

In 2013, I was obsessed with Pitch Perfect, and it really showed! I loved this song SO much that every time it would come on the radio, I had to grab a cup and play along.

10. "Treasure" by Bruno Mars

Bruno Mars was my biggest celebrity crush all through middle school all the way into my freshman year of high school. When I would hear this song on the radio, my heart would flutter, immediately wanting to get up and move.

11. "Clarity" by Zedd feat. Foxes

The true start of my LOVE for EDM music and music that made you just want to get up and dance.

12. "Take Back The Night" by Justin Timberlake

Some older JT jams were always the way to go when getting ready to go to the movies or out bowling with friends when I was a freshman in high school. This song brings back so many memories of pumping myself up before hanging out with all my friends.