11 Songs From Your Angsty Emo Days

11 Songs From Your Angsty Emo Days

Contouring is canceled, I miss black eyeshadow.

1357
11 Songs From Your Angsty Emo Days
Jez Timms on Unsplash

Pre-teens and teens in 2018 really do not know how awesome they have it. 13-year-olds are wearing Victoria's Secret push up bras and contouring. How unfair is this? What happened to the days of "RAWR" (7297), neon skinny jeans, and teased hair. It's a right-of-passage to be a cringy goth/punk kid and hate your parents. Seriously, how are you supposed to have a glow up after high school if you look like you're twenty in middle school? I don't get it. Where are your parents?

angst || äNG(k)st/

noun

1. a feeling of deep anxiety or dread, typically an unfocused one about the human condition or the state of the world in general

Few of us can forget our angry middle school days. Personally, I'm still stuck on 2010. I love piercings and wearing all black. Now, when my eyeliner is thick and smeared, people just assume I'm hungover.

Here are 11 absolute bops from my Angsty (Cringey) Emo Days:

1. That's What You Get x Paramore

This 2007 bop put Paramore in "Rock Band," the video game.

2. Welcome to the Black Parade x My Chemical Romance

This 2006 single was released before MCR's second album, "The Black Parade," which went triple platinum.

3. Lying is the Most Fun a Girl Can Have Without Taking Her Clothes Off x Panic! at the Disco

This 2006 hit reached 28 on "Billboard's" Alternative Songs chart.

4. Sugar We're Going Down x Fall Out Boy

Released in 2005, a Phoenix New Times writer Martin Cizmar argued that "Sugar, We're Goin Down" was possibly "the most listened-to emo track of all time."

5. Dirty Little Secret x All American Rejects

The music video for "Dirty Little Secret" donated to The Kristin Brooks Hope Center, a non-profit organization that funds a suicide hotline.

6. Check Yes Juliet x We The Kings

Turning 10 years old this year, "Check Yes Juliet" reached 25th on "US Billboard Pop Songs."

7. 1985 x Bowling for Soup

Originally recorded by SR-71, Bowling for Soup covered "1985" in 2004.

8. Don't Trust Me x 3OH!3

"Don't Trust Me" was released in 2008 and went double platinum.

9. This Ain't A Scene, It's An Arms Race x Fall Out Boy

"Arms Race" reached No. 2 on "Billboard Hot 100"and was also featured on Rock Band.

10. Angels x Mayday Parade

"Angels" was released in 2013.

11. Since U Been Gone x A Day To Remember (cover)

This Kelly Clarkson song was covered by ADTR on their 2007 album. For Those Who Have Heart.

So you Gen Z kiddos keep listening to mumble-rap and tweeting memes, I'm going to cry to some real music. Adulting sucks.