21 Songs To Raise Your Glass To When You Turn 21

21 is the best birthday you'll have yet.

420
Brooke Smith

With my birthday coming up/Gemini season coming up soon, I wanted to take the time to reflect on my 21st birthday and my 21 years of living in general. Honestly, my birthday may not be all that they typically are due to social distancing guidelines and quarantine, due to COVID-19.

I am still excited, though, to see what 22 has to hold. If you haven't turned 21 yet, or you have, you may look forward to these things or you may have related to them. Here are 21 songs to listen to when you turn 21.

1. "Blinding Lights" by The Weeknd

Honestly, this is such an upbeat party song, and I always want to dance when I hear it.

2. "Do It Again" by Pia Mia, Chris Brown, Tyga

Whether you're down for one night stands or not, you might relate to the lyrics... or just the beat.

3. "Truth Hurts" by Lizzo

Honestly, everyone needs to sing this song at the top of their lungs every time it comes on

4. "Tipsy" (Club Mix) by J-Kwon

You may have heard this song on TikTok recently, or you may just want to take shots to this song.

5. "7/11" by Beyonce

Honestly, if this song doesn't make you want to dance or twerk then no song will.

6. "Needed Me" by Rihanna

It's a lot slower of a tempo for this song, but every 21-year-old will relate to this song.

7. "Going Bad" by Meek Mill featuring Drake

Honestly, this song will pump you up for a big day, workout or even for going out now that you're 21!

8. "Suge" by DaBaby

DaBaby is newer to the rap scene, but he still has fun party songs.

9. "Sunflower" by Post Malone and Swae Lee

Honestly, this song has grown on me, and I even still hear it on the radio.

10. "7 Rings" by Ariana Grande

You're probably already adulting, or at least trying to adult, by the time you are 21 so this song is perfect when you feel like channeling the feeling of splurging on yourself and your friends.

11. "Physical" by Dua Lipa

Honestly, once clubs and bars open back up I will not be surprised if this hit gets played over and over because of its tempo and fun lyrics.

12. "Sucker" by Jonas Brothers

Every time I hear this song, I just want to clap to the beat.

13. "Price Tag" by Jessie J ft. B.o.B

This song is pretty old, but most 21-year-olds can relate to not caring about the money or price tag and just wanting to have fun.

14. "Cake by The Ocean" by DNCE

It's the perfect summer party song and great to listen to on the beach.

15. "Bailando" by Enrique Iglesias

Another older song but a great song to dance to nonetheless.

16. "Up Down" by Morgan Wallen ft. Florida Georgia Line

Another good drinking song, especially if you are out drinking and fishing or just wanna listen to Morgan Wallen's country twang

17. "Vacation" by Thomas Rhett

Another country party song and a great song to drink to on the beach.

18. "Twerk" by City Girls feat. Cardi B

This song is great, and honestly, a female empowerment anthem, but I love City Girls and Cardi B for their no-nonsense attitudes.

19. "I Wanna Dance With Somebody" by Whitney Houston

If you play this song with your friends, most of them will know all of the lyrics because this is such a classic, and you can't help but shout the lyrics at the top of your lungs.

20. "Let's Get Loud" by Jennifer Lopez

Honestly still can't get over J-Lo's and Shakira's awesome Super Bowl performance. If only I could have J-Lo's dance moves to this song...

21. "Nightmare" by Halsey

I have been on such a Halsey kick lately, and this is an awesome empowerment song at any age. She also has a non-apologetic attitude for who she is, and you can tell that in this song.