Song Translations with JtheDisaster #9

Song Translations with JtheDisaster #9

Sick Of It by Skillet

21
Song Translations with JtheDisaster #9
Skillet

The song for this week is a song that speaks to me in many different ways. I have listened to this song since its release in 2013. The song means so much to me and it encapsulates the feelings of so many people on the earth in this day and time. Because of that, I want to take the time to break down this song line by line. The song is "Sick of It" by Skillet from their 2013 album, Rise.

The song begins with, “When everything you do, Don't seem to matter, You try but it's no use, Your world is getting blacker”. The song starts off with immediate reflection. Everything that you do and try to do -- doesn’t matter. That statement there makes waves. Basically everything is losing its value in this world. We try so hard to fix things but it doesn’t work and everything gets blacker and darker. The next set of lyrics goes, “When every time you fail, Has no answer, Every empty promise made, His own reminder, No one can make this better, Take control, it's now or never”. Every time that we fail to change things we don’t get help up nor do we see any change whatsoever. But, God has made us promises, which He remembers every day. We can’t change things on our own, but we can’t sit back and watch it burn. We have to stand up for what is right in God’s eyes. We have to tell the world that God is real and that His son came to save us all. That there is hope for a world in darkness. Just open your eyes and see. The next part goes, “Are you sick of it?, Raise your hands, Get rid of it, While there's a fighting chance, Are you over it?, Bored to death?, Have you had enough regret?, Take a stand, raise your hands”. Are you sick and tired of this darkness ruining your world? Then just raise your hands to God and let your individual problems go to Him and He will guide you down a path that you once only dreamt of. Just let it go while you still can. If you can breathe then you can fight. Never give up to the evils that are all around us. Do you want a change? Do you want to see things in a brighter light, then you know what to do. The last portion of the song goes, “Every single day, I chase my own tail, Like the bad inside of me, Has gotta get, gotta get, get away, I'm running out of time, For me to break this, I'm tired of feeling like, I'm never gonna make it, No one can make this better, Take control, it's now or never”. Every day it’s the same old thing never going anywhere and we always end up chasing away the bad inside of us only to let it back in later. Our life is short and we need to break that endless cycle of not feeling good enough or successful. We have a gift deep down inside of us waiting to be opened. Now it’s your time to open it. No one can do it for you and no one can choose your decision for you. Now’s the time to make a difference.

This song really spoke to me and every time I listen to it, I hear something new. I recommend that you listen to this song. Thank you guys so much and tune in next week for the next song that I will translate with my opinions.