Song Review: Worth Dying For

Song Review: Worth Dying For

Artists Rise Against have delivered a true anthem.

137
Song Review: Worth Dying For

This week I will be covering a song that captured me by the first line of music. The song is an amazing song, that if I listened to it before the time that I did, I would have thought that the band was insane. Often times music only becomes appealing after we have experienced certain things in our life. This is the wonderful and eccentric band of Rise Against with their song: "Worth Dying For."

The song starts off, “Set me off like dynamite strapped tight around my waist, We are the ones in competition but claim this ain't no race”. This song literally starts off with a bang. There are so many people who say that they aren’t trying to beat each other out of things, yet why are there so many people left out? If this isn’t a contest, then how come only the best get selected? The next part of the song goes, “Take a breath and explode like bullets, Tearing through the wind, Cut me up with a razor blade, Then try to separate the skin, Now when the, White flames are burning flags, We found a world worth dying for yeah, We've been battered so hard that, We don't feel anymore”. Take a moment to realize that in this life we must fight for what we want. That it is a competition and we must win if we want to get what we want. Then you release a breath for those that have gone before you and have done the very same thing that you are planning to do. Then you explode off after your dreams. You’re not going to let anyone stop you from getting where you want to be and that’s a fact. That when everything seems to be crashing around us, we can see the light at the end of the tunnel. That we have found something worth defending and keeping safe. We’ve been through so much that often times we have become unfazed by what’s happening around us. Then next part goes, “Take me, From this world, Save me, What if we, All die young, So take me, From this world, Save me, What if we, All die young”. Often times, we wish that we were away from this world and we could live in peace, but we are the future of this world. What would happen if we were no longer here? What would happen to this beautiful place that God gave us to live upon? The next part goes, “Send me off on the morning breeze so far away from here, Fill your eyes in the strains of thought, Outside the warm embracing air, I'm moving slow, Like a glacier melting, Watch me dissipate, I searched for love in an empty world, But all I found was hate”. We all need a break, in a sense, this part is talking about that at some point we will need to take a break. We are not God, we are humans. We get tired, we fall, we need to rest. When we don’t want to take a break, we tend to fill our minds with so many thoughts as well as our body tends to slow down. Eventually we will disappear and try to get some rest. Here, in this song, is a good point. We search in this world for love, but all we can find is hate. Why is that? Why is it so easy to find hate rather than love? The final part goes, “Don't ask me why, 'Cuz I don't know, Don't ask me how, I'm gonna solve this on my own, Don't ask me why, 'Cuz I don't know, These things I'll never face, Scratch out the warning race, The wreckage of a job well done, I saw a place I'd never seen before, yeah, And that morning I refused to close my eyes anymore”. There is a solution to everything, but we may not know the answer. Often times, we try to figure things out before we even know what’s wrong. But, eventually, we will figure it out. In the end, everything will come together and we will be able to see the puzzle that we’ve been working on our entire lives.

As I said before, this song is little different than what I am used to, but nonetheless, it has a meaning. This is my opinion of what it is. Thank you guys so much and have a great day!