There's Something Magical About You

There's Something Magical About You

Can you feel it ?

58
There's Something Magical About You
Valentina Muñoz

This time around I want to focus on love. We've lost complete focus on what love actually is. Where is the love? What's actually wrong with the world we're living in. Overseas we're to trying to stop terrorism, yet we can't even control the terrorism we have here at home. We're struggling as individuals and as a country to unite to one common threat -hate.

From the very start we've been watching Disney movies that bring in a prince to sweep us up off of our feet or for the men who have to endure this insane rigorous challenge to get the princess. If you ask me, it's a fairytale of poop. Within these love stories we miss the actual valuable lesson about what truly matters most. Which would be our connection as a community, a FAMUly.

It's not until recently we've been seeing a twist in our Disney stories. Men are no longer needed for the rescue, but just a part of our path. We must include everyone in our journey. We work together to build something so beautiful and magical that Walt Disney himself would applaud. Recognize that love is really not a game. If we were to go back now, and reassess these stories you'll realize this hidden lesson.

You don't get to sit there and overlook the map of all the levels you're going to endure. You sit there and enjoy your significant others and grow with them. You weren't meant to face this world alone, so why bother trying ? There comes a point in our story where we forget about all of our premature notions, and we realize we're better off without them. We realize that the love we thought we had was just a taste of what we truly could have. You just have to accept it and let it in.

Many of my classmates have married off and are starting their families because they simply let go of these premature notions. Now, don't go off thinking I'm about to get married and start my family ( I'm so not even close to all that) but do realize it's my time and yours to let go of our expectations of what love is. I see my former classmates and I'm just in awe of how they could move forward with their lives. Meanwhile, a handful of us are stuck on what ifs and could be's. Just let your soul meditate and gravitate to the love.

Our premature notions only hold us back from the greatest love of all. Which for me, would be my freedom. If I were to be any princess, it would be Jasmine. I'm in love with freedom and all it entails. The opportunity to do whatever I want in this world and not be controlled by its expectations is truly riveting. Even with my freedom, I want to share it with someone; better yet I want to share it with the world. For you, that could be anything, when you let go of whatever is holding you back, you will find what your great love is. The goal amongst all things is to find your why. Once you find "why," everything else will just fall into place.

For now, focus into yourself and recognize who you are and who you will become. Recognize all the things love can do to you and how it can change your life. If you never know truth, you will never know love. Instead of spreading animosity, spread compassion.Learn to understand yourself and others, creating a sense of unity. Step by step, day by day, you'll see the change and recognize what true love is.

Don't forget to keep me posted on your love life.