Someone Help Me, Someone Teach Me

Someone Help Me, Someone Teach Me

Someone help me be like you in this harsh world.

17
Someone Help Me, Someone Teach Me
Hayley White

Someone help me, someone teach me, how to form my own opinions in a world in which everybody tries to force their own opinions on you. Someone help me, someone teach me, how to stand strong against the wind. Someone help me, someone teach me, how to let go.

When facing a tough decision, how are you supposed to face the answer? My gut tells me one thing, my heart another, and my brain another. It is an internal war I am forced to battle constantly; unsuccessfully finding the answer that will set me free. Aside from this ongoing internal struggle, I am burdened with the thoughts and opinions of others. Each person has their own unique insight into a situation, however, their advice is not always wanted. It is not always welcome. In times like these, it is but a boulder on my chest, forcing me deeper into the ocean I am already drowning in. In times like these, it is only hurtful. I know what you want, I know what you believe, I know what you think. Our thoughts do not align for you do not know the complexity of the situation, the crossing cables that have me caught in its web. My mind is but a constant whirring machine, the cogs wearing down day by day. This extra burden only quickens its destruction. It only clogs and destroys the machine that is already suffering.

This machine was once a solid, roaring device of construction. It constantly built up intricate situations in which my future seemed to fit so perfectly in. Time forces me to take a step back and question the future I had planned for myself, the future I thought I wanted, the future others wanted for me. Is it so bad to take a chance? Is it so bad to step out onto the wire, ignoring the possibility of falling and instead, embracing the rush? Someone teach me how to let go; to let go of this fear of falling, this fear of not following the path I had pictured for myself, the future I had so delicately planned. I have accepted that change is but an undeniable force waiting around every corner to pounce and bring about its ways. I have accepted that change, although frightening, brings with it a sense of excruciating excitement.

But I have not learned to accept the fleetingness of time, of people, of chances. I have not learned to accept the things I cannot change, constantly setting myself up for disaster in trying to make a difference. I have not learned to harden my heart and soul from the harsh words and opinions of others. Someone help me, someone teach me, how to be like you.