What Is A People Watcher

8 Things You Need To Know About A People Watcher Because It Is Way Cooler Than It Sounds, Trust Me

Listening and never ignoring, Watching but never judging, they are People Watchers/Listeners.

135

We all know someone that stays quiet no matter what happens and when you ask them for advice, they always give you some. Even if I have no advice to give, I will give you feedback because of the amount of information I have gathered about you from different sources. You might be thinking, "What could you know about me?" Well, let me be around you for an hour and I could tell you or let me "accidentally" sit behind you in the cafeteria and I can tell you a lot.

We are always watching.

media.giphy.com

We are a type of people that do not interject into a conversation because we only want the truth and nothing distorted. In an environment where a people-watcher is alone surrounded by people is the perfect opportunity to listen in or watch a few people between your time.

We probably know more than you.

media0.giphy.com

Talking is an action you take that disables you from listening to multiple conversations at once. As a people watcher, we have mastered the art of absorbing all the information being said no matter how many conversations are going on. One day I overheard a story and then a few weeks later I heard the same story from another person with a different point of view. I can tell you that these two people should not be friends anymore because the stuff I heard... hurtful as hell. They were both talking shit about each other.

We are probably the wisest because we know everything.

media2.giphy.com

Trust me on this. If you are friends with a people watcher, you wouldn't even know. Around their friends, they are normal and talk with them while drowning everything else out because they are not alone. They have to be vigilant while they are with their friends but around strangers, I can tell you that they are always listening. If you have anything you need advice on, we are the people that you should talk to. By nature, most of us are kind, sweet but sassy loners because we are usually alone when we listen in or watch you.

If you are mysterious, we will make a story up about you to fill in the blanks.

media2.giphy.com

Don't try to be mysterious because it only makes people like us make something up about you like that you are actually a police officer undercover at a college to find out... I don't know, to find a man that has been stealing panties or something. It will be related to anything we hear.

We might be staring at you if your talking.

media.giphy.com

I say might because there are some that are able to do two things at once like writing a paper or doing research. We while doing that, we are able to multi-task and hear everything that is going on. But there are some people-watchers that like to stare at people when you are talking because, in our mind, we are then able to make a storyboard with your appearance as the main character.

You must know that your "private stories" you talk about in public are not private to us.

media.giphy.com

We may be listening on the other side of a wall but we are still listening. Just think that "The walls have ears" or something but we are always watching and listening. If you look around and see only a person with earbuds in, they are probably listening because in between songs they probably heard your story and invested in it.

We wish we had popcorn 24/7.

media3.giphy.com

We may look bored or something with our resting neutral face but I can assure you that on the inside, we are hoping to get an interesting story and to be entertained by you and your stories. It is the perfect time to chow down on some popcorn and wait for the story to get better. Personally, popcorn is a bit... I prefer candy because who doesn't love eating while they are watching a movie, right?

Our people watching is harmless. 

Pee Wee Herman

media.giphy.com

You don't even know we exist. We are a type of people that when you are around others, you always think they are not listening and they might not be but if they are then you wouldn't even know because who wants to ask someone, "are you listening?" to a stranger? Nobody, it's awkward and makes you look like you think you are so great that someone has to be listening.