Some Moments Make Life Worth Living

Some Moments Make Life Worth Living

It’s the nights like these, when we’re spontaneous, adventurous, and happy that make these lives we lead, worth living.

148
Some Moments Make Life Worth Living

Hands above our heads, wind whipping our hair back as the car rolls down the hill. Lights twinkling all over the city, music blaring from below as the adrenaline courses through our veins. Our bodies are hanging out the sunroof as our faces begin to go numb from both the cold wind and the overwhelming amount of feelings we’re experiencing.

It’s the nights like these, when we’re spontaneous, adventurous, and happy that make these lives we lead, worth living. Sure, the parties are fun, but weird little nights when there’s nothing going on, so you have to make your own fun, are the best kinds of nights.

Tonight, we proved that Charlie, the protagonist from The Perks of Being A Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky, is completely accurate when he says that it only takes a moment to make you feel infinite. A moment feels infinite when it is so extraordinary that you forget your worries, your mistakes, and your feelings for a few seconds. That’s all it takes.

However, those few seconds can change your life. This is the second time I’ve felt this before. The first time would have been two years ago, driving in a car with three of my closest friends at the time, on the way to a drive-in movie. The music was blaring, I had no clue what song it was, but everyone else did and they were screaming the lyrics at the top of their lungs. No matter how pitchy or tone-deft they sounded, it was the moment that I’ll always remember. I was just sitting there, watching themes caught up in their own moment, and it made me feel like anything is possible; there were no limits. As cliche as it sounds, I felt invincible and I think that’s one of the most incredible feelings we have as humans.

In the movie, Sam, who is played by Emma Watson, kept her eyes open when she stood in the back of the pick-up truck as the music played through the speakers while they drove through the tunnel, but tonight as we tested his theory, I understood why she forced her eyes to stay open. I wanted to watch the moment happen; to not only feel it, but see it, as well. How else would I remember it, if I didn’t have the video to replay in my mind over and over again. The feelings were only a part of the moment; the view was another. Being able to look out onto the city, with all the lights shining in the distance, was truly incredible.

That moment is one for the books and for as long as I can, I will cherish it. Those who shared in the moment with me are part of the reason it was so special. I had debated going out tonight, but all I have to say is that I’m so glad that I did. You never know what’s going to happen, and that’s just life. There are times that you have to take risks, and sometimes they end up costing you in the end, but other times they are so worth it, and those are the times we live for. Keep taking risks, and living, because when else will you get the chance to live in this moment, again? Never, because moments go just as fast as they come, and all we can do is to try and not miss them.