Some Advice From A Friend

Some Advice From A Friend

Be the best version of yourself, and let others just, be.

98
Some Advice From A Friend
Photo by Josh Applegate on Unsplash

A couple of summers ago, it seemed as though I was frustrated and annoyed with everyone, and I was letting the actions of others get to me way too much. Then, a really good friend of mine told me some advice:

“Don’t worry about the actions of others, they are out of your control. The only thing you can control is yourself and your own actions. And part of your actions is how you respond to other people.”

This advice was given to me in one of my favorite places, overlooking a gorgeous mountain range, by a very dear friend. And, while I may not adhere to this advice as much as I should, I think about it all the time.

You are only in this world once, so don’t trouble yourself over the little things. It is important to choose your battles, should you have any, because every relationship in your life depends on it -- friends, siblings, significant others, parents, the list goes on.

Everyone is different, everyone does something that annoys another, even you. No one is perfect, but everyone is perfectly imperfect. What does that mean? It means that every single person out there is a unique individual and is perfect at being themselves.

We all have our faults, whether we acknowledge them or not. No one is good at everything, and everyone out there has something they need to improve upon. And you are one of those people.

So don’t let the actions of others get the best of you. The only person that is stressing over a situation is yourself and only you have the power to decide if you’re going to let it bother you or not.

Be the best version of yourself, and don't let others get in the way of that.