Society vs. Police

Society vs. Police

Society and it's contorted vision of police officers

496
Society vs. Police
www.copblock.com

Recently, social media has become the greatest worst enemy for us to encounter. It has become a platform where your opinion may go viral any minute and before you know it, that post that you sent out suddenly has exploded and taken a toll on multiple people. These misconceptions have seemed to hit a number of people regarding their opinion on police officers. On any given day an officer may be seen as a slayer based on the race of the deceased in an altercation between the two and matters had ended in the death of a citizen. Every time this occurs, officers in the media are seen as the worst type of people to exist and that they are only out to slay those who are not in favor of their opinions. The ones who are supposed to be keeping us safe are now being perceived as the enemy. This makes as much sense as having the lions run the circus. The ones in blue are not out to attack citizen, they are almost always in the midst of a high-risk situation when these type of things occur.

People are forgetting that those men and women in blue are brothers, sisters, parents and family members. They did not just spurt out of the ground and bred just to be an officer. They fought hard, maybe missed a few family firsts just to defend the people who hate them the most. They have been putting their lives on the line every day, some for 20 plus years, to defend the lives of people that they do not even know. So many citizens do not acknowledge half of benefits that they have with the streets patrolled. Many people through social media believe that race has been the motive for everything and anything. All that they see and cause an uproar about race when this factor is absolutely false. The crime or nature of the crime is not due to race, as well as a person's demeanor and body language. Following laws and doing as asked should not seem like such a chore to as many people. The men and women who have been putting themselves on the line, some even at a very young age, may miss more than a birthday party here or there but instead will miss an entire life all because one person didn't particularly like the uniform that they were in.

It's time that society takes a step back and actually look at what we are creating for our children. We're morphing into this world where citizens are killing the police and yet they still look for their help when the citizen is in distress. We have created an entirely unhealthy relationship between our citizens and police. This next generation is learning that the police spend time out to hunt them, rather than help them.