Society Needs to Stop Pressuring

Society Needs to Stop Pressuring

And Start Motivating

1303
Society Needs to Stop Pressuring
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2018/03/31/6365811630402621051216432559_crowd-walking-crossing-street-new-york-city-ny-nyc-pedestrian-people_4jwnaalz__F0000.png

Society has one of the biggest influences on today’s generation… pardon me, pressure is the correct word to use. Societal pressures.

Society is a broad term. In it includes: family, friends, acquaintances, random people on the street, even that person you met at the bar. And, every single one of these people judge every person they see, and these judgements come from societal expectations.

Why does society make it okay for people to judge others that do not fit the standards? How and why has society become so cruel?

I see way too many young adults starving themselves because society says it is unacceptable to be large, too many young adults afraid to come out because society says it is not okay to be who you want if that means being different. I see way too many young adults stressed out over college because society says it is impossible to live an authentic life without a college degree. I see an incredible amount of pressure on the young millennials. But, I also see a significantly larger amount of sensitivity than previous generations.

Society will continue to influence and pressure each individual because of propaganda. As useful and beneficial as propaganda can be, it can also have a negative influence on the receiving end. Hitler used the idea of propaganda; Trump does, as well. Based on history, propaganda has had the greatest effect when used to spread rude or inhumane ideas. This clearly needs to stop.

Why is it so difficult for others to accept something out of the ordinary?How satisfying is it to hurt another person’s self-esteem to increase yours?Today’s generation is extremely negative such that this has become a routine thing. Notice how I did not say “normal” because it is not a normal thing to do.Normal signifies everyone does it and not everyone does that.Some people are good people.

Sometimes, my friends are only able to hold a conversation by talking about someone or something. This is especially annoying to someone that does not care for what others do or say. Most times I do not respond, which then encourages them to keep talking or feel that it’s okay to say more things like that to me, in general.

As an athlete, I have had my fair share of others being jealous of my accomplishments. I like when others are jealous because it becomes easier to seek out those who will support your accomplishments. Personally, I only motivate and I only support because why should you care about what other people do? They are irrelevant to you and if you don’t want them in your life, get rid of them. Not one person has an obligation to stay in your life.

Motivation starts with positivity. If the current generation teaches the new generation to be positive and encouraging, there is no doubt that society’s pressure will influence in the right way.