How Social Media Badly Influences Romantic Relationships?

Does social media have a bad influence your relationship?

5260

Are Facebook and other social platforms making relationships less able to having an in-person conversation with each other? Social media plays a negative role in relationships in today’s society. Social media has almost become a virtual social world for people who were never comfortable with talking in public.

Every second of the day couples are meeting each other and forming long distance relationships. Technology has involved with social media and platforms allow people to have face to face interaction with a video camera. After two people form their relationship with the social media, everything is great, until one person wants to go out on a date. They both soon realize that going on a date is impossible because of distance. Both of the people in this relationship enclosed themselves with only themselves and limit their social interaction with lovers in their own lives. Having a relationship over the internet can have short to longer term effects on a person.

Some people who agree that social media allows a person to hide behind their keyword rather than just confront a person in person. Social media has moved into a category as miscommunication because without facial expressions determining how a lover feel could become difficult. Some couples find going online to vent about their problems is better than just meeting in person to solve the disagreement. Typing online is quicker and easier but is damaging to a relationship’s communication. For some couples, social media is a prime cause in the reason they break up with.

For example, a girlfriend’s emotions will get affected over a Facebook statuses another girl writes on the boyfriend’s wall. The “ping of dopamine” will force the girlfriend to stalk the girl’s social media to see if she is romantically in love with her boyfriend. The addictive feeling followed along with social media is that it makes a person do things that they would not normally do such as stalking, belligerent behavior, and obsessive liking posts.

Another bad influence that social media has on the relationship, is imposing surveillance over each other. People have relationships with social media are prone to having more trust issues. A people from the relationship could begin stalking their lover to see what they are doing on daily basis. Social platforms make people feel the need to become more territorial against their partner. In like manner, more territorial because the two people can not see what each other is doing so they become jealous a suspicious. They use social media to encourage their jealousy and the suspicious feelings inside them. Some millenniums are mostly on their phones constantly, checking their significant others profile, whether while in the relationship formed online or not is a form of stalking.

Social media has changed the way humans communicate with one another for the worse. It has increased problems in relationships both created online and offline such as jealous, stalking, and lack of trust. Millennials are more likely to become less susceptible to talking face to face about their problems. The younger generations used social media more often than the parents, which limits their capabilities to communicating in public. In relationships, some people judge their relationship on the number of likes, posts, or pictures posted. The relationship becomes based on what the public thinks rather than the likes of the two people in the relationship. More and more social media platforms are getting created and will continue to hurt people’s face to face communication.