15 Songs To Get You Through Your Hair Color Disaster

For those who mourn in disappointment, here are fifteen specifically-ordered songs to get through it.

673
Media Cache

If you're lucky enough to not know what I'm talking about, then good for you. Maybe the only time you've experienced any kind of hair color disaster was secondhand from watching an episode of The Suite Life of Zack and Cody and laughing at Cody's "Honey Mist Auburn" moment. Remember this?

And we can't forget what happened to Alana either. First blue paint then bubble gum, too? Dang, Ray.

Other than that, many of us have been through the process of feeling excited in hopes to look like a new person with that perfect hair color we've been waiting to dip our hair into, and later finding out it wasn't what we expected. Don't get me wrong, there are times when the color morphs into something even better than what you wanted. But for those who mourn in disappointment, I created a playlist for all to gather their thoughts and to find comfort and confidence in knowing their bad hair phase will be OK. Here are fifteen songs for "When You Don't Like Your New Hair:"

1. "I'm Not The Only One" - Sam Smith

This acoustic cover immediately sets the tone in how lonely and disappointed we're feeling right now because of what just happened.

2. "Younger Kygo Remix" - Seinabo Sey, Kygo

The uplifting chord progression and Sey's words "there is a light to all this darkness" helps us feel just a bit better in knowing this bad phase isn't forever.

3. "Same Ol' Mistakes" - Rihanna

The synth bass starts off in a cycle, sounding like someone is annoyed and blaming the other person from making the same mistake again. Yup, exactly how we feel.

4. "Chill Out" - RAY BLK, SG Lewis

Because we've been emotional and a bit hard on ourselves with the last three songs, "Chill Out" it telling us exactly what it's titled. This would be more from our hair color's point of view telling us to not make such a big deal out of it. On the other hand, it's OK to feel annoyed–because we are.

5. "Trust Issues" - Beatrice Eli

Just like how the track is titled, our unexpected outcome is exactly why we have trust issues with hair products, hairstylists and sometimes even ourselves!

6. "Hurt Me" - Låpsley

A great song for everyone to share their pain with together, including Låpsley herself.

7. "Harveston Lake" - Johnny Rain

This slow and emotional R&B song to nudge us in getting the rest of our sadness out.

8. "Never Never feat. Sampha" - SBTRKT

The overall beat behind "Never Never" makes us feel some kind of realization and acceptance about what's already been done to our precious hair.

9. "NEVERALONE" - Raury

Once you hit play, Raury's first line is "Just know you are never alone." Thanks, Raury.

10. "U Mad" - Vic Mensa, Kanye West

Alright, now that we've accepted that this hair tragedy actually happened to us and we've gotten all our sadness out, these Chicago natives are here to help pull out some of that anger that's been hiding inside of us this whole time.

11. "Don't Like.1" - Kanye West, Chief keep, Pusha T, Big Sean, Jadakiss

"A bad hair color, that's that shxt I don't like."

12. "Devastated" - Joey Bada$$

Joey Bada$$ talks about going through a positive change, from feeling devastated and now "on his way to greatness." Maybe our hair color isn't as bad as we think it is?

13. "I Am Not My Hair" - India.Arie

India speaks a strong message about our hair not defining who we actually are as people on the inside. No matter what hair color or hairstyle we have, it doesn't change how beautiful we are on the inside!

14. "untitled 05 09.21.2014." - Kendrick Lamar

The very chill jazzy beat and female voice on this track allows us to just breathe in, relax and accept what happened to our hair, one last time.

15. "Pick Up The Phone (feat. Quavo)" - Young Thug, Travi$ Scott

The chill sway and head bobs this song makes you do leaves us off on a better note, feeling a little better than earlier. Everything is gonna be alright. Who care's what others think. Rock it like that. It's all good.