So You Need a Nap?

So You Need a Nap?

The Three Best Places to Snooze at Tarleton State

16
So You Need a Nap?

Spent too much time “studying” at City Limits last night? Did that Netflix binge keep you from catching all your z’s? Well, look no further! I’ve done my research to put together a list of the best places to nap on campus!

1.The Downstairs Library

Pros: From the big comfy chairs to the quiet atmosphere this location takes the cake. Lean back, put in some headphones, and let yourself drift to sleep. This judgmental free zone will even let you snore a little, though some polite giggles may erupt (yes, I’m talking to you, man who last Tuesday was snoring louder than a grizzly bear).

Cons: The large windows allow for too much light and every hour on the hour and at 12:05 those pesky Tarleton bells can be heard from the Fine Arts Center.

Overall: I’m going to give it a 4/5 on the Nap-able scale

2.The Downstairs of the Student Center

Pros- Your main pro of a nap here is going to be a lack of natural sunlight. Though those artificial lights can be hard on your eyes, it remains slightly darker than our other locations. Again, we have another judgment free location.

Cons- The noise. Those pesky kids in the TSC can really put a damper on your nap time, especially during lunch. Ping pong does not make for a great quiet nap time sport, and the yelling can be heard all the way down the stairs.

Overall: I’m going to give this location a 3/5 on the Nap-able scale, simply because those pesky IPhone earbuds just won’t turn up loud enough to block out the chaos.

3.The Main Floor of the Library, in front of a computer

This one goes out to the Nursing Major I saw yesterday passed out with his head on a keyboard. Three weeks into school and you’re already so stressed you had to take a nap. You’re an inspiration to us all.

Pro: Can you sleep anywhere? Did you invest in noise cancelling head phones? This is the place for you! Push that keyboard back if you have enough energy and lay your head right down on that table, or just use the keyboard as a built in pillow! It’s so loud up there no one will notice your light snoring and just steal a few napkins from Starbucks to wipe up your drool. You can’t go wrong with this extremely public place, where everyone will think you’re a maverick for taking a nap.

Cons: Loud, bright, and crowded, this location is not for you if you’re a light sleeper. Perfect for a 10 minute snoozer between essays, but you won’t get the hour of sleep you really need to catch up from all that late night binging, studying, or beer.

Overall: The best place for a quick snooze, I’m going to give it a 2/5 on the Nap-able scale. Loud, bright, and chaotic, the best you’ll get is a convenient 15 minutes.

Next time, don’t fight those droopy eyelids and grab a siesta on your campus! Put that outrageous tuition to use and grab some shut eye in your favorite location.