So You Have Commitment Issues?

So You Have Commitment Issues?

I don't believe you.

So You Have Commitment Issues?
https://unsplash.com/photos/0SMM_mRFpYc

I love when someone says they have commitment issues. It is like the sugar coated, as indirect as you can possibly be, way of saying "I am just not interested in you".

Do things happen in people's childhood? Yes, of course. I am not blind to this. However, I will confidently say that it is not fair to carry past experiences on to someone who has never wronged you or given you a reason not to trust them.

Back to the main discussion.

Now, you might be one of the people with commitment issues, and you are reading this thinking "okay, well you literally do not know anything about me and it is a real thing".

Here is what I would have to say to that.

It is a really thing to you because you have not found the right person yet.

I know, so cliche. But so true.

What you often hear about relationships is how they are tying you down, or you feel trapped, or maybe not completely like yourself. If you have found yourself in this relationship, well then that is why it is over now.

If you are still in the relationship and feel this way… I think you see where this is going.

The reality is, the right person will not make you feel trapped, or like you do not have the freedom to do what you want. If you like to hookup, it is because you have not found the right person who fills a void greater than hookups do.

I do not really think people grow out of this phase, I think people just have no idea what they want in a person, so for the poetics of it, I'll say they fall in love with everybody.

When you have had your heart broken enough, or have realized you do not want to be alone anymore, you start to recognize what you want in someone. And on top of that, they are going to come when you least expect it.

Do not run from your feelings based on fear. Embrace them, or you might lose the person who will make you feel freer than you ever have, or will, in your life.