So You Fell For The Younger Guy

So You Fell For The Younger Guy

Age is but a number.

7087
So You Fell For The Younger Guy
vogue.com

He's the cool guy, he's the one that takes your breath away, he's the one that brings out your less serious side. He's tall and handsome with perfect cheekbones. He is everything you have ever wanted in a relationship and in a partner. Everything seems perfect, until you find out what no girl ever wants to hear; He is younger than you. You begin to doubt yourself and question what you really want out of life.

As women, we grow up envisioning relationships where the man is always older than the woman. I am not exactly sure how this stereotype started, but I personally, am not a fan of it. It is OK to fall in love with a younger guy! You are no less of a woman and he is no less of a man because of it. Never let this stupid stereotype get in your way of finding true love. This guy could be one of the biggest blessings in your life. So you fell for the younger guy...now what?

If you come across that man one day, never listen to what everyone else is trying to tell you and follow your heart. People are going to call you a "cougar" and say things like, "Couldn't you find someone your own age?" If you are truly happy, all of the negative comments that are fired at you will only be out of jealousy. As Taylor Swift says, "Shake it off."

Falling for a guy who's younger than you, can lift you to one of the highest highs that you have ever been on. I know it has for me. They have gotten me to open up my heart in more ways than I could have ever imagined and have made me feel like the most beautiful woman ever. Younger guys make you smile and blush like your first crush did back in elementary school. You laugh for no reason or just because you are happy to be around them. You feel the butterflies in your stomach whenever you are around them and when they hold your hand, it feels like a spark shot through your arm and went all the way to your heart. They give you hugs that lift you off the ground and you understand what Baby from "Dirty Dancing" felt like during the final scene when Patrick Swayze lifts her up into the air. They bring you back to a simpler time, when life was easier for you. You feel like you do not have a care in the world. Even though your journey may be abundant with highs, it may not always be the smoothest road when you are with a young suitor.

Even though you may feel the most overjoyed you have ever felt when you are with a younger gentleman, there is a good chance that a healthy dose of reality will come down and wake you up. One of the hardest parts about falling for a younger guy is that when you are young, a year or two years can really make a difference. You might be wanting different things than the other does out of life and have different plans for your futures. You could be in college in one state and he could be at school in another. You could be starting out in the real world, trying to find a job and he is still in school trying to finish his undergraduate. You could be looking to find the man that you want to spend the rest of your life with and he might just be worried about finding a girl to spend the night with. You think you might be meeting up with him one night and leave in tears because two other girls came into the bar looking for the same guy. It sucks when those situations occur, but if you can make it through all of that and you guys are still smitten with one another, you know you have found an amazing man.

Trust your heart. If you found a younger man that makes you feel over the moon and wants nothing but the best for your relationship, hold on to him. Don't let the thoughts and words of others crowd your head. Your relationship together is not going to be easy, in fact, it could be really hard. You may encounter more obstacles than you could have ever imagined, but always have faith that true love conquers all. You might spend time away from or move away from each other. If you feel like you have to wait for him, do it. Continue to live your life, but don't let your relationship with him slip away. You will always find your way back to each other, if it is meant to be. Live for the high moments you both experience and work together to move through the lows. True love is one of the greatest gifts in life and we should never let a number keep us from finding our happily ever after.