So What Are You Going To Do With Your Life?

Great question.

519

Well that’s a good question. I bet you’ve gotten asked that…maybe once? Twice?

My answer is simple: I’m going to live it.

You see I didn’t come out of the womb with an idea of how my life would map out, as I assume most of us didn’t. We were just trying to learn the basics of the English language to be honest, learn a few ‘Mamas’ and ‘Papas’.

And as we grew up with the consistent question of, “What do you want to be when you grow up?” – we always gave an answer. Some of us wanted to be doctors, and some of wanted to be astronauts, a few garbage men, and others like me, artists. In our young and so called ‘naïve’ minds, it was always laughed off or taken as a ‘unrealistic cute little dream’.

But then we hit our teens, and had to start thinking about college, and if some us wanted to even go. Stuff hit the fan. We got hit with the dreaded questions of:

“So…what are you going to do with your life?”

And then you answered and received the ‘wise’ statements of: “What are you going to do with that?”, “You’ll never be able to do that – it’s competitive.”, or the best “You are going to regret that.

Well then let me regret it! Let me learn from my mistakes. That’s what life is all about. Learning about ourselves, about others and gaining knowledge from our OWN experiences.

Listen, at the end of the day, the goal is to be happy with my life. And yes, success does coincide with that, but I don’t want to just live for the money. I want to be happy with my life, my career/job, my family and who I am. I don’t want to feel like I’m seeking the approval of others or always trying to up someone because everyone else is. I want to be me and do what I love. What this is right now? I don’t know. But that okay, because I plan on finding it out.

In a society where we are always told to be/do something that’s in total contrast to the beings we truly are; we settle. It’s like us as individuals have lost sight of who we are and do as society wants us too; always in fear of getting judged or feeling less than someone because they’re making more money than us- that’s not a way to live people.

So, the next time you get asked the question, “So…what are you going to do with your life?”

Let ‘em know, “It’s a surprise.”

#BeYou&StayTrue