Reality Check: Snowy Winters Are Not As Magical As You Think They Are

Yes, it's white but no, you don't want to move to the north and shovel it alone.

301

If you're from the North where you get hit by inches upon inches of snowfall every year your most had at one time enjoyed it due to the fact you could have a snowball fight, make angels or even attempt to make an igloo (If you ever successfully done that please teach me how) or most of all when school was canceled, delayed or dismissed early because the street where not in great condition.

If you are from a state that receives little to no snow every year you most likely have a different picture of what it like. Which may be like not being able to see the grass and having your version of Frosty the Snowman on your front yard where you dug up rocks and sticks and grabbed someone in your family scarves and hat because you didn't want the snowman to be cold. That when that is all done and your cheeks are rosy red and you just now starting to lose a little feeling in your fingers you finally head inside and enjoy a hot cocoa which may have some mini marshmallow or a candy cane while sitting near the fire under a fuzzy blanket to become warm once again before going out and doing it all again until your school decides to open up again.

I'm sorry to break it to you but most of the time it's not going to be anything like it. Most of us wish it would be but it sadly can`t.

What really happens when its snow is sometimes it is too cold to even go outside and do anything. Or it is not the right type of snow where you cannot build anything as it will not stay how you wanted it. The snow doesn't magically move, so you are probably going to be the one shoveling its meaning after a while your back will probably going to hurt from the repetitive motion and picking up something heavy and throwing it.

Yes, snow can be heavy especially after lifting up a lot at one time. After shoveling it once you may have to go out at least three more times during the day and repeat it depending on how hard the snow coming down. And after that, you will need to throw down either rock salt or cat litter to help melt the ice underneath or give you some traction when walking so you don't fall. Yes, those videos of people falling from ice are hilarious to watch but if you're the one who fell you probably won't be laughing. And those days off of school you will either make up during your spring break, other days off the school was going to give you or your last day will be pushed back until you reach 180 days.

So, before you go your so lucky to have snow and it must be so fun to play in or you probably get great photos because it looks so pretty. (I will agree to get great photos).