5 Wintery Activities That Are Snow Joke

5 Winter break Activities That Are Snow Joke

From iceskating to hot-chocolate making, do these things to give yourself all the holiday ~feels~

17

'From aggressive holiday decoration competitions to snowman building, skiing and cookie baking, there really is no time of year quite so celebrated or anticipated as Winter.

Whether you're wishing for a white Christmas or simply celebrating the turn of the seasons, here are 5 activities to get you in the winter spirit.

Ice Skating 

Charlie Brown Snow GIF by Peanuts - Find & Share on GIPHY Giphy

Whether you're slowly making your way around the rink's rim holding onto the wall for dear life or zipping around like you were born to skate, ice skating rinks are worth a winter visit. They can provide great spaces to bond with friends, family, or significant others--just don't forget to wear thick socks. Grab a cup of hot cocoa or head out for a hot meal when you're finished--I promise you'll feel like a holiday queen (or king)!

Lightshows 

media.giphy.com

Sure, you may be out in the cold for a prolonged period of time--but I say it's worth it to see one of these seasonal art shows. There really is nothing better than looking at beautiful christmassy light displays while spending time with friends, family or significant others. Bonus points if you pose for some ~magically lit~ pics in your best winter fashion!

Snowman building 

media.giphy.com

You may have to go to the mountains to do this one, but it just may be worth the trip to play in the snow. After all, it doesn't really snow during any other season--I say capitalize on low temperatures, pull out those mittens, carrots, buttons and coal, and go have a blast!

Movie marathoning 

media.giphy.com

It's true that movie marathoning can be done anytime--but movie marathoning in the winter has its own charm. You can watch winter theme movies with some holiday cookies and hot chocolate in hand, maybe turn the fireplace on and let the flames make you drowsy...just thinking about it makes me want to stop writing and snuggle up with a Christmas classic! I suggest movie marathoning with a cuddly friend/partner--feeling warm and cozy as the wind blows outside it its own kind of magic.

Holiday decorating 

media.giphy.com

There's nothing that screams "HOLIDAY!" more than some lights, ornaments and boughs of holly. Whether you're decorating a dorm room, an apartment, a house or a mansion, get creative this year and go all-out. There's always a special feeling in my chest when I come home to multi-colored lights and a cute waving penguin--decor can help your home factor into a truly joyful holiday season for you!