The Timeline Of A Typical Snow Day For 2000's Elementary School Kids

The snow day chance calculator was right every time

2181

Ah, the 2000's. A time filled with denim on denim, big belts, and even bigger platform flipflops.

Growing up in the 2000s meant having Hilary Duff as my idol, listening to Radio Disney, and begging my mom for that super cute layered tank and t-shirt combo from Limited Too.

It meant book reports on Little House on the Prairie, trying to play club penguin during computer class, and dreading the day we would have to run the mile in gym class. However, one of the best parts of growing up and elementary school was the inevitable snow day filled with no school, hot chocolate, and snowball fights with your siblings.

Here's a day in the life of a 2000s elementary school student on a snow day.

9:30 p.m. the night before

Everyone at school was talking about the rumored snow storm coming that night. In computer class, you and your BFF snuck onto the snow day chance calculator to see if it was really true. The calculator said you had a 100% chance of a snow day. So, before you go to sleep, you place a spoon under your pillow and wear your pajamas inside out and backward just to be safe.

6:00 a.m.

You wake up to the sweet sound of your brand new FM radio alarm clock set to a local top 40 station. They begin to list the schools who have closed due to snow and you listen anxiously for your school until finally, it’s read. You scream with excitement and then snuggle back into your Lizzie Mcguire themed sheets as you drift back to sleep.

7:30 a.m.

After sleeping in, you run downstairs in your matching Limited Too flannel PJ's to catch your favorite episodes of "Full House" and "Boy Meets World" on ABC Family as your mom makes you your favorite breakfast: chocolate chip Eggo waffles.

9:20 a.m.

You quickly call your neighbors on your home phone, and after talking to their parents and asking if ______ was home, you make a plan to play outside in the snow.

10:00 a.m.

After your mom made you wear 3 separate layers, you finally pull on your LL Bean snow pants and snow boots. You pull out your new fingerless gloves that you saw in all of the Tiger Beat magazines and you head out to meet your neighbors. You drag as many sleds as you can find to your meetup point.

12:30 p.m.

After having countless snowball fights, trying to build an igloo, successfully making a snowman, and falling off your sled too many times, you decide to make the seemingly long trek home for lunch. Your mom reminds you to leave your boots in the garage before coming in for a grilled cheese and hot chocolate with extra mini marshmallows.

2:00 p.m.:

You decide now is the perfect time to log into the big desktop computer and play some games. Your mom even lets you have a full hour online since its a snow day. You start by checking in on your Webkinz, the garden you have in the backyard, and playing every game in the arcade to load up on coins. Then, you head to Club Penguin to continue your training in becoming a secret agent and a tour guide.You decide to build a new zoo on Zoo Tycoon, but before long you decide to head to Disney Channel and take a quiz to find out if you are more Lizzie or Miranda and then to play Pizza Party Pickup until your mom makes you get off the computer.

3:00 p.m.:

You spend the rest of the afternoon dressing up your American Girl Dolls, reading Nancy Drew, playing Polly Pocket, and working on some new bead art for your mom to iron.

6:30 p.m.:

After dinner, you and your sibling play a few rounds of Guitar Hero before settling in for your favorite DCOM. You always wanted to be on the Disney Channel just so you could make the Mickey ears out of the wand just like all of your favorite characters.

9:30 p.m.

After brushing your teeth with your brand new Cheetah Girls tooth tunes toothbrush, you head off to bed and hope for another snow day tomorrow.