15 Ways To Easily Snap Out Of That Winter Depression

It'll be okay.

116
Pixabay.com

The temperature is low and the ground is covered in snow. Every winter, you may find yourself falling into a seasonal depression. I'm here to tell you: snap out of it.

Trust me, I know it isn't that easy. This week as the snow was falling I found myself unable to get out of bed. For some reason, the seasonal depression has hit me hard. It's easy to fall into a funk the semester after the break. You just came back and all you want is to relax and lay in bed. Don't let winter depression take over. Get out of bed, start your day and get stuff done. Once you do, you will feel so much better. Here are some other simple ways to snap out of the depression you might feel creeping up on you:

1. Take a hot shower.

Take a hot shower or a bubble bath and just relax. It really will help.

2. Go for a walk (even if it's chilly).

Obviously, don't go out in the freezing cold, but if it is warmer out, go for a walk and get some fresh air.

3. Clean your room.

Organizing and cleaning your environment and truly help you feel better, it always helps me.

4. Make a list of everything you need to do.

Look at all your syllabi and make a list of everything you need to get done. That way you will feel less stressed about everything you need to do.

5. Get coffee with an old or a new friend.

Go do something with an old friend, or even ask someone out that you haven't talked to in a while.

6. Go somewhere you've never been before.

Go explore somewhere new! A change of scenery will go a long way.

7. Go play in the snow.

Be a kid again and go play in the snow with some friends.

8. Have a night in with your friends.

Watch some movies and enjoy a night in with some hot chocolate with your friends.

9. Read a new book.

Read something you've been wanting to read for a while. Relax and enjoy the good book.

10. Turn off the social media.

Logging off social media will help you in ways you wouldn't imagine. Give it a try.

11. Do all your homework, ahead of time.

Getting ahead of your work will reduce stress and help you out of that funk.

12. Visit home.

Take a visit home to see your mom and relax.

13. Cook a home-made meal.

Cook your favorite meal for yourself and relax.

14. Join a new club.

Getting involved in something new can really help you get out of a funk.

15. Take "me-time."

Do something for you and take time for yourself.