10 Reasons To Get Over Your Fear Of Snakes

When I was younger, I had an obsession with collecting seashells. One summer afternoon on some beach my parents took me to in some part of Florida, I had collected so many sea shells at once that my hands were overflowing with them. The shells kept spilling out of my hands and hitting my feet, creating tiny abrasion on my toes that my mother would always yell at me about, but I still kept collecting.

As I scanned the sand for some more sea shells, I discovered an odd red and black pattern on some sort of material I wasn't quite familiar with buried under the sand. So, being the curious kid that my father raised me to be, I dropped all the shells I had collected all over my feet, thinking that I had just found a rare treasure that I would never discover again. I bent over to give it a poke. It was squishy like one of those squeeze toys, yet smooth like a freshly buffed fingernail. In not even a second, whatever I'd just touched slithered away from me and buried itself in the sand. I screamed and ran away to my mommy. All my shells were lost that day and I had a newfound fear of snakes, even though I didn't necessarily have a terrifying encounter with one.

Anyway, my point is that I, like many other Americans, am afraid of snakes -- or was until I saw these cute pictures of snakes with little hats on them!

1. Look at this cute little innocent snake getting ready for a rodeo.

"Baby, lock them doors and turn the lights down low."

2. Why siesta when you can fiesta?

3. This snake wants to wish you a happy birthday!

With no petty message behind it.

4. "You're a wizard, Harry."

5. A mystical snake.

If anyone ever tells you that unicorns don't exist, send them this picture.

6. Also, this.

7. Chivalry is not dead!

Sliding into your DMs like....

8. It's okay to get a little festive.

I don't even celebrate Easter and this snake makes me want to paint some eggs.

9. Coachella ready!

Some Coachella inspiration for the girls who go to Coachella just to look cute and say they went to Coachella even though they have never heard of any of the artists playing!

10. Just a snake trying to stay warm.

I don't even know if this counts as a hat, but people wear beanies all the time and I'm pretty sure beanies are actually just oversized socks for your head.