12 Places In Farmville, VA To Visit When You Feel Like There Is Nothing To Do

Living in a small town doesn't mean there's nothing to do.

43

Here at Longwood University, we live in the small town of Farmville, VA and frequently we find ourselves wondering what to do with the limited free time we have. This is my third year in Farmville and while I love it, others are easily disgruntled by the limited options we have. Here is a list of places worth checking out the next time you find yourself bored with nothing to do.

1. Uptown Coffee Cafe

This is easily my #1 place in Farmville. Whether I'm going to lunch with friends or just looking for a place to do homework, this is always my go to. My favorite is the chicken bacon ranch wrap with fries! They also make a mean peppermint hot chocolate!

2. Macados. 

While this option is a little more pricey, it's great food!

3. High Bridge

This is the perfect walk with beautiful views. While I haven't been to the bridge itself before, the pictures are breathtaking and the walk is straightforward and flat.

4. Main Street Bagels 

Not only are the bagels top notch, but the staff exceeds customer service expectations!

5. Pino's Italian Restaurant & Pizzeria

This is a family business with great staff and great food.

6. Charley's Waterfront Cafe

This is another pricey-er option, but boy do they deliver. My favorites are the Wednesday night all you can eat $10 pasta night and the Sunday brunch.

7. The Fishin' Pig

More on the Hampton Sydney College side of town, but still equally as good food. And the prices are great!

8. Sleeping Bee 

This is a go-to for gift items or home decor. I went in for the first time last week and they carry a large variety of items recognizable to students like Yeti and Tervis, but also beautiful decor.

9. Pairet's 

What. Amazing. Prices. Seriously - if you're a Longwood student and you haven't checked out Pairet's, it's a must for all your school attire for amazing prices. Plus it's customizable which makes your pieces pretty unique.

10. Main St. Lanes

The bowling alley offers great pricing for students on Tuesday nights and for girls, in particular, Thursday nights. Plus their food is inexpensive and pretty good!

11. Mill Street Sweets

They're deserts look to die for on the daily! It's the perfect stop to cure your sweet tooth and it's right downtown.

Our town is growing, here are some new places I've yet to try but have on my list for this year. 

Perini Pizza

Hotel Weyanoke (which offers three new and exciting food options)

One19

Hopefully, with these options, you'll grow to love our little town as much as I do. By getting out and exploring your surroundings you never know what you'll find!